New Version Not Displaying Info Placed by Shortcodes

I use shortcodes for TablePress and another plugin in my posts. When I updated to your latest version only the actual shortcodes are displayed and not the content behind the shortcodes.

I've reverted back to your previous version which works correctly.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@DaftDog,

Can you please provide some details on exactly how you are using the shortcode? Is this just the shortcode within the post or are you calling do_shortcode() from a template function?

If this is a shortcode within a post can you please provide screenshots of the Pay With a Like metabox which shows on the post editor?

• DaftDog
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I have reverted back to version 1.5 and everything is working fine there. It's quite a schlep to upgrade and then revert back as I have to then go to each post that uses the pay as you like feature and reset all the settings.

My current settings (v1.5) are to display in individual posts with the selector tool active.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@DaftDog,

I have reverted back to version 1.5 and everything is working fine there. It's quite a schlep to upgrade and then revert back as I have to then go to each post that uses the pay as you like feature and reset all the settings.

Understood. You ar welcome to stay at 1.5 as it is working for you. And I can tell you that the shortcode logic has fully been tested. I suspect this is a JavaScript conflict. But cannot verify since I can see this in action on your site.

So if you want to try again please ping me first so we can coordinate a time when I can view your site and try and help figure out the issue.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@DaftDog,

In wp-admin under the menu Pay With a Like > Social Buttons then on the Facebook tab. There is a checkbox for "Facebook Comment popup". Do you have this checked?

Also on the Pay With a Like > Social Buttons main page where you control what buttons to display. You do not have the checkbox set for 'Load JS' on the Facebook button, correct?

I tried the Facebook like bottom on your page. After the click it is showing the comment popup. But very small. When I tried the Twitter it worked and the page reloaded. Then I say the table shortcode which was the raw shortcode which means it is not processed. Do you know what plugin you have installed for this?

From your other comments on this thread what exact is not working if not the two issues I've noticed above?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@DaftDog,

Tracing through the JavaScript code it looks like the section for PWAL Facebook is not even being called. Hmm.

I don't want to waste any more of your time. I think this is a valid bug in PWAL. Just need to refactor the JS for Facebook which was a major change in the 2.x version. I don't think this is a quick fix so if you need to go ahead and revert back.

• DaftDog

Hi Paul

Thanks for checking my site.

"Facebook Comment popup". Do you have this checked?

Yes it was, I have deselected it.

'Load JS' on the Facebook button

It was and is active.

The plugin is TablePress and can be downloaded from WordPress plugins.

• DaftDog

If you could follow one of the like buttons you will see that the page does not refresh properly to show the hidden content.

It also appears to put the page into a perpetual loop, it refreshes but does not show the required content. I have not been able to see the hidden content to see if the shortcode content is displaying properly.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@DaftDog,

Ok. Thanks.

It also appears to put the page into a perpetual loop, it refreshes but does not show the required content. I have not been able to see the hidden content to see if the shortcode content is displaying properly.

Are you running a cache plugin? Also what are the settings for this specific page? To combat the cache plugin issues we included the option to reload the page via AJAX to bypass the cache of the main page content.

• DaftDog

I did have a cache plugin active which I have now deactivated.

The post settings are "Enabled" and "Use Selection Tool". The Ajax feature was and is still active.

I've removed the page formatting for the Visual Composer plugin.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@DaftDog,

I did have a cache plugin active which I have now deactivated.

You shouldn't need to disable the cache plugin. PWAL should work fine without it.

Yeah, I see the issue now. When I click the Facebook like the Facebook API does its thing. Then control returns back to PWAL. The PWAL JavaScript code sends the AJAX call to the server to log the transaction for statistics then is supposed to return the hidden content from the shortcode.

But what appears to be returned is the PWAL box of buttons again. This is strange. Still trying to reproduce this on my dev sites. So far no luck.

• DaftDog

PWAL plug-in maybe conflicting with Jetpack plug-in.

I left the latest version of PWAL active on my site. Today when I published a new article Jetpack should have automatically posted it to my Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts which it did not do.

I deactivated PWAL and republished my post and Jetpack then successfully published links on all my social networks.

I hope this helps you to troubleshoot on your end. :slight_smile:

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@DaftDog,

I left the latest version of PWAL active on my site. Today when I published a new article Jetpack should have automatically posted it to my Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts which it did not do.

I deactivated PWAL and republished my post and Jetpack then successfully published links on all my social networks.

Hmm. Not really. The PWAL plugin does not (or should not) effect processes within wp-admin like creating/publishing posts. Plus the plugin really does not connect with the social networks like Jetpack. It simply loads the social network JavaScript file to handle parsing of the button loaded on the post for the front-end.

But still I'll do some testing to see if I can make 100% sure there is not some holes in the logic. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.