New WP Updates for E-newsletter Not Working

I am opening this ticket due to the other tickets being closed. Please see the following two threads for a background on this issue:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-auto-subscribe-new-members-on-the-site

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-update-features-not-working

@Maniu

I network activated the e-Newsletter plugin like you said was necessary, and installed your most recent update. Unfortunately, all the same issues persist. A new registered WP user still does not appear in the e-Newsletter member list until they have logged on to the website. And even when they do log on, the default newsletter is not sent to them and they are not assigned the default member group. This update did not seem to work for me.

Thank you for the option to disable the default newsletter sent though, this was necessary. You may consider the option to hide e-Newsletter subscription options for users, at the admin's discretion as well.

Please advise on the above problems. Thanks

• Len

@aristath

The user registers themselves, using Blogbridger mod/plugin that connects my SMF forums to WP, so that the user becomes a member both of the SMF forum and the WP site with one registration (This mod, registration bridge, is an essential part of this website). The mod works by registering through the forum, and copying the same user info into the WP account.

(Mod is located here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3008 )

The new user displays correctly in the User list and the Membership plugin list, but not in the eNewsletter member list until they log in. And even then, they remain unsubscribed to, and do not receive, the default welcome eNewsletter or the default member group in eNewsletter.

• aristath

Maniu was leaving for vacation today but I managed to talk to him just a few minutes before he left for 2 weeks.
    Here's what he told me:

add_action( 'user_register', array( &$this, 'user_create' ) );
    add_action( 'wpmu_new_user', array( &$this, 'user_create' ) );
    add_action( 'added_existing_user', array( &$this, 'user_create' ) );
    add_action( 'wpmu_activate_user', array( &$this, 'user_create' ) );

Those are hooks that enewsletter is using...
    Your method is not triggering any single one and membership works because it uses wordpress list.

You should add your users using a method that that does not use those hooks!

I hope that helps you figure it out...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• aristath

Hello there!
    As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.