Newbie with Dumb Questions

Joe,
I was able to deactivate and delete the old version of Membership and upgrade to the premium. However, now I don't see a way to add the new access levels that I need to add. I have downloaded and printed the manual btw.

Might as well get the bang for the buck and ask the remaining questions.
1. How do I reply to responses without beginning a new "thread"?
2. I have file that is purchased and needs to be downloaded from my site. Because it was greater than 10MB and I was not able to use the WP add new media (plus I didn't want it in the Uploads folder). I uploaded the file to the server... but how do I link to it so that after the purhase is complete, the user clicks on the link to download? I am confused as to how to direct the download from the Membership page.

Sorry for just not understanding.

• aecnu

Greetings Bob0221,

Thank you for the great questions.

However, now I don't see a way to add the new access levels that I need to add.

This would be done in the admin dashboard --> Membership --> Access Levels --> Add new

1. How do I reply to responses without beginning a new "thread"?

There is a block in my browser titled Add Reply to this topic at the bottom of the thread. You do not see this or?

2. I have file that is purchased and needs to be downloaded from my site. Because it was greater than 10MB and I was not able to use the WP add new media (plus I didn't want it in the Uploads folder). I uploaded the file to the server... but how do I link to it so that after the purhase is complete, the user clicks on the link to download? I am confused as to how to direct the download from the Membership page.

This is usually handled by the media library or a direct link to the file within the protected area some where.

However, the main issue here is the amount of the upload file size which has a few places that are possibly restricting the file size.

Ours is set to 200MB and the place to start is with the php.ini file.

If you have access to the php.ini file change the post_max_size = 200MB

Do you have shared hosting or VPS?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Bob0221

This is better. I was sending from within the WPMUDEV Dashboard from withinn WP and I wasn't logged into my account on wpmudev.org where the reply was coming from. Told ya I was new :slight_smile:

I was able to add the access levels... thanks.

The file is 157MB and is located in the public_html/video/download/ folder. On the Options --> Content Protection Options --> I have the 4 shortcodes showing for the access levels that I have established:
    Visitor
    Download
    Watch On-Line
    Buy

In the protected content message box, I am able to add the media via the add media button and selected add by URL.

But that's just it, I don't know from the instructions as to how to use the shortcodes (other to create welcome page for each acess level) how to have the plugin link to the url; mask the download location as I established in the Downloads/Media tab.

Just to show you how lost I am and clarify:
    a. Visitor comes to site
    b. Decides to purchase
    c. Registers (this is working)
    d. Purchases (Pay Pal Gateway is working)
    Now, where do I get my purchase? How do I download?

• Bob0221

I used the plugin Add from Server to get the file into the WP Media Library. I added it to protected groups. I inserted the link into the Registration Completed page inside the shortcodes [level-download] text to download now [/level-download]. When you click on the link, it prompts to save, save file as ... etc. All good. However, when you hover over the link, the status bar of the browser still points to the file location in wp-content/uploads/2013/04/.

Is there a way to mask this as well?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.