Newly registered member never get activated even after pay through paypal

I setup the membership plugin with only one Paid membership subscription. I tested by using the registration form from the plugin. The user is created with an inactive state but still redirect me to Subscription page, which show the Paypal button link to pay. I proceed to pay through Paypal Sandbox and the transaction go through without problem. (Both seller and buyer sandbox has the transaction record in their account) However, when I go back to the Wordpress site, no membership detail is being updated. The user is still inactive and not in any subscription. I am just testing it locally, will that be a problem?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings binaryedge,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

First mistake is using the PayPal sandbox in which I have written a hundred times here in the forums that it is erratic at best and the WPMU DEV lead developer has written similar on several occasions.

Please put it in live mode and test forward from there and be sure that your PayPal IPN is enabled so the IPN is returned and recorded by your installation.

I am just testing it locally, will that be a problem?

This makes it so we cannot see the site, cannot legitimately test it, and with as cheap as domains are and hosting you would think people would spare themselves the trouble of trying to set sites up locally and think it is a legitimate real world test.

Please advise if testing live indeed does the job for us.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings binaryedge,

Thank you for acknowledging what I try to tell everyone about PayPal sandbox and test live saving time and money.

Think how much grief PayPal's sandbox causes people and wasted time.

I have even had members that finally get something to work in sandbox and take it live then it does not work.

Of course live is where the money is at!

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.