"News Page of my Blog posts" might not be working

MultiSite + BuddyPress (but no BP Groups yet).

The “Main” site has a blog page (i.e. the blog posts aren’t the home page): example.com/blog

Visiting that URL doesn’t display anything other than the header and footer sections even though there is 1 blog entry.

Setting “blog” page’s template to ‘Blog news’ doesn’t change anything.

Is it not working or am I not understanding what it’s supposed to do?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey Clifford, hope you are well.

The "Main" site has a blog page (i.e. the blog posts aren't the home page): example.com/blog

How was that slug made? Sub directory install? something else?

So just to be sure I understand, you then created a page and chose the "Blog News" template and still nothing shows?

If thats the case, I went ahead and tested this by creating a page. You can see here:

http://cowpat.net/blog-news-network-theme-template/ <– I created that page with the template

Please note: This is my sandbox install, its always changing, its often broken and fixed as I test and play with things. I mention this in case users come across this thread in the future. :slight_smile:

So if I have this right so far, can I check what versions of WP and the theme you have running? Did you check for the usually conflicts by deactivating all other plugins and testing again?

Take care.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Before installing BP or plugins, I created a page with a slug “blog” manually.

Is that a page then?

If so, pop over and edit the page and then select the template like in my previous screenshot. This will make that page use the latest posts.

Then in:

Admin –> Settings –> Reading

Set it to a “Static” page and select the page you created using that template.

That should sort you out.

If you still have more questions, then please feel free to re-open the thread. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.