Newsletter does not send to all members

Hi,I'm using your eNewsletter plugin. I've sent a couple of successful mail outs to users on my site, but I have an issue whereby there are (at time of writing) 3,035 users on my site and the newsletter only shows that is sends to 3,007 (max) of these. If I try to resend and tick 'don't send to people who already had this newsletter' then it says that it has been sent to everyone already. Upon closer inspection, I noted that about 5 of the users either had no email or an invalid email. But I cannot account for the remaining 23 users. When viewing the member list, it appears that all users (except those 5 mentioned, and in the previous newsletter there were another 4 purposely excluded) have received, so why don't the numbers match? (screenshot attached) Could you please advise?

Also, half way through each newsletter being sent out, it came up with an error. I then clicked send with cron and the remaining have sent...but why does it cause an error? Does it time out? Some of the people only got a partial email - about 5 paragraphs of content were missing. I'm assuming it is those people who were being sent it around the time this error comes up. Please would you also advise on this?

Thanks very much!

• Kitty

Oh just a thought - is the total the 'Sent to' plus 'Bounced'? I had assumed that it meant that 24 members out of 3,007 had bounced emails, but now I'm thinking that they are separate and together make up the total? So in all it has been sent to 3,031 which is the correct number (4 users were excluded).

Please confirm if this is correct. If so, I would appreciate it if you could still advise on my second issue re error/time out. Thank you!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Kitty,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

I can see in your attached screenshot that the remaining emails are bounced excluding who don't have valid email ids .

Could you please tell me what you have set in the Bounce Settings on the following path?

Admin Area -> eNewsletter -> Settings -> Bounce Settings

Also, half way through each newsletter being sent out, it came up with an error. I then clicked send with cron and the remaining have sent...but why does it cause an error? Does it time out? Some of the people only got a partial email - about 5 paragraphs of content were missing. I'm assuming it is those people who were being sent it around the time this error comes up. Please would you also advise on this?

This may be due to time out.

Try sending bunch of emails in a batch using CRON to avoid this error. You can configure CRON settings on the following path.

Admin Area -> eNewsletter -> Settings -> Outgoing SMTP Email Settings

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Kitty

Thanks for the prompt reply! I have installed WPMU DEV and granted you access. I've done this on a development version of the site, I hope this is ok. Just in case something goes wrong, this is not the live version. It also does not have the recent newsletters that I've sent out. If you need to access the live site, please let me know and I can give you access if you can asure me that it will not interfere with anything, nor send anything out to the members :slight_smile:

The bounce settings are configured to a dedicated bounce address and this appears to work when tested.

Please let me know if you need anything else from me to help. Thanks!

• Kitty

Hi again. I have this strange issue with those incomplete newsletters whereby even when I resend to those members, they still only receive part of the content. The newsletter template itself is complete, but is missing about five paragraphs beyond the first line. I resent this to the members in question + myself and my copy was received complete, yet theirs looks like the image attached. Do you have any ideas why this is happening??? Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Kitty,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting access, is the DEV site a exact replica of the live site? If it is, can you make sure any activated plugins that need to be updated are please and also test for a plugin conflict following this flow chart here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

All your newsletter settings look good, doing the above will allow us to rule out any other plugin from conflicting with e-newsletter.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.