newsletter email not the right "Unsubscribe" link

I have serious problem with newsletter plugin. I have several users everyday calling me and ask me to put them out of the newsletter list. Well I am trying to tell them that I cannot do that (I hope one day I will be able to edit the newsletter list myself) and I am telling them to go and click the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of the Newsletter.
Lately my clients say that the link dont work and it gets them to a "page not found 404 page". I tried myself with a test account and I receive the same "404 page not found". I don't know what happened, this plugin used to work great, I mean the unsubscribe link used to work a week ago or something if I remember correct but not anymore. I have already made some test and deactivate all the plugins except of the newsletter but with no luck.

My website is http://www.teachme.gr and the url I get from the newsletter email is the following "http://www.teachme.gr/e-newsletter/unsubscribe/1718/"

I have now juct checked an old newsletter and the url i get when I press the unsubscribe is the following "http://www.teachme.gr/e-newsletter/unsubscribe/933c3aa23c4ab631718/"

Please help!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings elislasop,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

This is a very unusual problem that it was working and then it stopped after some time without any changes.

I'll see if I can get the lead developer in here to assist / give you some advice... in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you've come across attempting to fix it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello elislasop and Andrey:

I just checked out the plugin in detail for this thread, and the un-subscribe button doesn't work in this version of the plugin. When I tried it, it didn't go to a 404 page first, but instead it said, "You are successfully unsubscribed!"

But the issue is, people are not getting un-subscribed for real. When you click the un-subscribe button on the newsletters that is received after the user has unsubscribed (which they are not supposed to receive in the first place), it goes to the 404 page.

Andrey, what do you think about this?

Arun Basil Lal

• elislasop
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Andrey,

I am using the method All site subscribers but I can try the All Members to see how it goes. I am not doing something really different than the usual, I am creating the newsletter, picking the right template, write the content and go to preview, save and send and send "All site subscribers". Do you want me to send you a test newsletter? if so please send me an email.

thank you

• Andrey
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi elislasop,

Please update the plugin.

I changed logic for send to "All Members".

"All site subscribers" it's mean all members with role Subscriber. You can't unsubscribe from here.
    It's if you want send something to all members with role (Admin, Author, Subscriber).

Perhaps it is misleading - I will think about it.

I propose create any group (ex. News) and add all members to it. Then send email only to this group. Members will be able to unsubscribe for it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.