Newsletter Widget

Uber confused how I pull off the little newsletter widget box, as I did not see it in the widgets area. Am I missing something? I attached the screenshot of the widget I am talking about to avoid any confusion. Thanks, guys.

• jp
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I have not added any of those plugins. Which one is being used in my screenshot above?

Ideally, I want to use MailChimp to manage my emails...I understand I would need to use the MailChimp feature, correct? Or is the MailChimp plugin in add-on to a previous eNewsletter plugin?

Thanks for your help...

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jp,

I have not added any of those plugins. Which one is being used in my screenshot above?

It looks similar to the one for the eNewsletter plugin but due to possible modification it could be any of them. You already acknowledged that it is not in your widgets and it is not a plugin.

I acknowledge that it is not any part of the GridMarket theme that I am aware of.

Ideally, I want to use MailChimp to manage my emails...I understand I would need to use the MailChimp feature, correct? Or is the MailChimp plugin in add-on to a previous eNewsletter plugin?

You should probably use the Mail Chimp Integration plugin for this task.

If you are still having an issue with this please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to mark this ticket as unresolved below.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• jp
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ok, I added the MailChimp plugin and configured the settings.

However, there is still no newsletter box showing in the widgets area. How do I actually get a physical email address opt in box. Feeling uber confused.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jp,

there is still no newsletter box showing in the widgets area

After looking into this a bit on the instructions page, it appears that one would create signup forms and place the generated code in a page, post, or in a widget as one would desire.

As your considering a widget, I would place the signup form code in a text widget and then place the widget in one of the widget areas.

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings jp,

You have a very valid point, though the Mail Chimp plugin integration does have some useful features especially for those whom have already have lists benefit most from it in my opinion.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.