Next Active Directory Integration Sync to WordPress timing out

Hi.

I am trying to run a wordpress plugin that pulls users from Active Directory into Wordpress (Next Active Directory Integration). I am able to connect via LDAP and the sync script runs fine when doing a small sub-group of users (~30) but there appears to be a server/php timeout that is happening when trying to do a larger import.

My assumption is that there is a timeout. Is it possible to increase the time that a script can stay active? I did not see a php.ini file to edit.

I attached the error screens from Safari and Chrome. These errors occurred after approximately 5 mins

Thanks for you help,
Jon

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jon,

Execution time is set to 300 by default and I'm afraid that this value can't be increased further.

Could you try enabling debug log on your site so we can see if that will give us more information on what's causing the issue?
    You can enable debug log in your wp-config.php file (located in root WP folder) by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'log_errors', 1 );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Start the import again and when it fails it should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jon,

I can see that there's a connection warning with ldap_start_tls coming from "Next Active Directory Integration" plugin but I'm afraid that I'm not sure why this is happening.

I have created a report for our sysadmins to check it out further and hopefully we will have some good news to share soon.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Jon,

Our devs have checked this issue and it seems that the warning coming from the plugin is not related to this issue, but the plugin, in general, is using a huge amount of time to process the request.

Execution time is set to 5 minutes and that's quite high already, most of the installations usually run at 150 seconds or less so this value should be more than enough to finish up the process.
    You would need to get in touch with the plugin developers so they can check this out and see why it requires more than 5 minutes to execute the process and how it can be reduced.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.