Next month button not working

The next month button isn’t going to the next month. Shortcode is used correctly.

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

It looks like a javascript conflict on the page somewhere.

Can I suggest you disable some of other components (Google Maps etc) temporarily as this may help you identify what is causing the conflict.

Not being a javascript wiz I can’t really suggest much more than that. Hopefully the staff / developers will be able to step in and help further. Good luck!

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

This is completely about your theme.

As I have already written in another thread, you are using a theme which forces pages work on the home page, combined together and in a very strange way.

Please do not expect everything to work seamlessly with such a theme. That is quite uncommon and you will face problems with OTHER plugins too.

For this particular question:

You should omit app_pagination shortcode and instead add as many monthly schedules to the page as you wish. For example to show 3 months (this month + next 2 months):

[app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_monthly_schedule add="1"]
    [app_monthly_schedule add="2"]
    [app_confirmation]

This is the best you can do with this theme. Please do not force it too much or use a conventional theme or if you have skills, modify template files.

Cheers,

Hakan

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

Difficult to say for this theme.

Why don’t you just test it? It won’t take your one minute.

Check “Create an Appointment Page” check box and then hit Save. A+ will generate a working appointment page for you.

If it doesn’t work just delete it.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings patrick_cauley,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• patrick_cauley
    • Flash Drive

The issue is unresolved, I haven’t responded because Hakan is convinced it’s an error on my side. All of the code works except the next month. I can’t imagine why a single javascript error is currently present when everything still works perfectly well.

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

Javascript can be difficult sometimes – trying to track down where two scripts are conflicting can be quite a time consuming challenge.

Did you try Hakan’s suggestion of creating a separate appointment page? That could be a very quick fix that you can use.

• Hakan
    • The Incredible Smush

There is no javascript error on that page.

I haven’t responded because Hakan is convinced it’s an error on my side.

Because it is so. Just switch to the default theme and you will see that it is working.

I wrote you several times that the way your theme behaving pages is not standard and it will create problems.

Still I advised you 2 solutions:

1) Use the appointments page as a regular page, not like this.

2) Add as many months as you wish and omit next months shortcode.

Did you try either of it?

• patrick_cauley
    • Flash Drive

I’m sorry, I hope I’m communicating clearly. I’m aware that it is on my side, and therefore my responsibility to fix. The month short code is inconvenient for my purposes. I believe I will use the separate appointments page in order to reduce load time in addition to hopefully fixing this issue. I haven’t the chance to review and fix my template to allow further posts. My theme currently only allows for this single page. You claim this single page system will break other plug ins, and I’m looking for a way to fix my theme. This is my second WordPress project, I’m still learning.

I am going to review the WordPress codex some more and attempt to discover what makes my theme so much different from my any other and how to fix it to prevent future problems. I’ve already gone over every line of code and my theme should fit the guidelines perfectly at this point. I sincerely thank you for the help you’ve provided. If I discover a solution I’ll be sure to post it, on the off chance someone else uses a similar system in the future.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings patrick_cauley,

I would not be so quick to say that it is on your side or that you are to blame, we are trying to indicate that it is indeed the theme that is causing the difficulties and not anything that you are specifically doing or causing.

Please realize that the foundation is hosting then theme then following is the integrations that you want to make but the theme is dictating the outcome/appearance.

Hakan is indeed the lead developer/coder and an extremely good one at that.

It is not being on Staff that makes me say that, I have seen his work for months on end and dude rocks!

Aside from that and framework themes being the worst, theme creators are selling on looks and for the most part do not seem to care about other integrations outside those that are claimed on their theme sales page.

It is my opinion and experience that themes are indeed the most troublesome single items that users have difficulty with no matter what the integration and even in some rare cases no integrations at all.

Last but certainly not least, please update to the latest version 1.2.2 which offers a whole bunch of fixes within if you have not already.

Have a GREAT week ahead!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.