NextGen Gallery no longer properly working with WP Update

The gallery on my website - http://www.yimps.com - is no longer working properly. When an image is clicked on, rather than opening it up on the same page using an affect, I believe called FancyBox, it opens the image up in a new webpage. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Elliott Bristow

Hi @Joshua,

Welcome to the forums!

Your site is reporting an issue with MP_Ajax, which is a variable included as part of MarketPress. This suggests that there is a conflict somewhere.

Looking at your site I can see that either your theme or another plugin is calling an old version of jQuery, and not the one included in the core WordPress package. This is often a likely culprit for these kind of conflicts and is not recommended at all. If this is part of your theme, I suggest changing this to use the WordPress default jQuery script.

Other than that, we need to do some basic plugin troubleshooting, to try and establish where the issue is coming from.

I presume that MarketPress has not been edited in any way (other than perhaps styling) on your site? If it has, please install a fresh copy of MarketPress to revert any changes that may be causing the conflict.

Failing that I would suggest (for testing purposes) switching to a different theme (like Twenty-Twelve) to see if this fixes the issue. if it does then your theme is the culprit. If it doesn't fix the issue, it's time to look at plugins. Try disabling plugins one at a time to see if any one plugin is causing it.

That's enough to work on for now... come back to us when you've tried those and let us know how you get on.

• Elliott Bristow

OK, the theme was the most likely culprit, and I think it's possible your theme loading the old version of jQuery.

You can take a look a the theme code in the admin pages using the Appearance > Editor menu. Assuming you have the custom theme enabled, the files for your theme will appear in the right hand column (if not you can select your theme from the drop down top-right and hit select).

The jQuery script would be loaded in the header.php file. Click this file in the list on the right, then have a look through the code for
    <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
    If it's there, change it to:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.8.3"></script>
    That will load the default jQuery script included in WordPress.

If we're lucky, this will be enough to fix it.. if not we will have to dig deeper.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.