NEXTgen: Role Management

I need to make it so that only Super Administrators (multisite) can have access to everything with NEXTgen expect I would like standard Administrators to be able to manage galleries they are Authors of. Does anyone have any idea how to accomplish this?

• mmedia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you for the suggestion, but I’m not sure that it’s working. It states it’s multisite compatible, but the Access Manager page is blank on the Network dashboard. If a access manager of some sort is to be used, it really needs to work for the entire Network and not require me to set it up individually for each website.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mmedia,

There is something funky going on here, because when this plugin is network activated it performs just as described in the video on their page controlling the roles and the privileges of the entire network.

I use this plugin without incident and so are many other WPMU Dev Members.

You may want to do go through theme and plugin trouble shooting protocol to find out what is messing with the Advanced Access Manager plugin.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• mmedia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I did connect with the plugin developer and it appears that it required some off-the-wall PHP settings which we were able to enable on our server.

He did inform me however, that it does not work across the entire network and you need to setup each website individually. A downfall for the plugin, I think.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mmedia,

Now that certainly explains a lot and I am sad to hear that it does not work across the entire network and you need to setup each website individually.

Which leads me to believe that the User Role Editor plugin may be a better choice for this purpose considering the author claims Multi-site support is provided.

Please advise as to your thoughts and experience if you do choose to try it out.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings mmedia,

Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

To which plugin are we referring? Advanced Access Manager plugin or NEXTgen?

I guess he wasn’t so flippant about my concerns as he initially appeared to be.

Sometimes it is best to drop back forty and punt :slight_smile: when under the gun.

Please let me know which plugin if you do not mind.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.