nice php-code-adding to a custom post type

I had (I think it was Ashok) writing me some nice php-code-adding to a custom post type... now I will loose this type when switching the theme and I would like to insert it there in my new - made with custom press - post-type. However, somehow php is too much a mystery to me to get it done.

If you watch here https://www.hotel-oberkirch.de/en/room/suite/ - you see the red rectangle "Buchen - booking...." above the content... it is thanks to this php-lines in the template:
<?php if ( ! wp_is_mobile() ) { echo do_shortcode('[intense_collapsibles][intense_collapse title="Buchen | Booking | Réserver | Prenotare | Reservar" title_background_color="#990033" title_font_color="#ffffff"][iframe src = "http://www.caesar-data.com/cgi-bin/buchen.cgi?oberkirchfreiburg" width = "100%" height = "620" scrolling = "yes" seamless][/intense_collapse][/intense_collapsibles] '); } ?>

The problem is that while the future theme (Customizr pro) gets me off these creepy errors I see in the console now and while it is very nice prorgrammed in terms of CSS-tweaking I am not expert enough to find out how to handle templates there - as the architecture is different and contrary to the old theme when reading the php lines I do not understand what is happening

important: it is not about the current theme... it's about the future (already installed and nearly ready-to-go theme)

So any template deriving from the current theme would not help

Mahlamusa

Hello Matthias,

I hope you are doing great today.

I am not sure which part in that section of the page you want to use. If you are talking about the collapsible panel, you should be able to use that as it seems to depend on a plugin. I say this because when viewing the source code of your website I notice that there is a plugin called "intense" that works with the given code to output the collapsible panel.

If you are talking about the online booking and cancellation form on that section, I think this too can be usable as it is loaded from an external source which does not rely on the theme being used on the website.

If I had a look at your new theme, I may be able to suggest where to put that code. If you would like me or another staff member to have a look at your new theme and suggest where to put that file, then please provide FTP/Cpanel login details so we can have a look at your theme.

You can share your credentials via our secure contact form here, on this page, choose "I have a different question", then

in the subject field write "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela"
    In the Message box, include the following:

- FTP login details (host, port, username, and password)
    - cPanel if possible (login url, username and password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference

Once we have that, we will be able to assist you further to implement that code in your new theme.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Matthias

Hey Mahlamusa,

first of all, thank you for getting back to me and sorry for taking so long to answer - sadly the website is not my only responsibility...

The collapsible depends on a plugin but was hardcoded in the php-template in order to make it disappear for mobile browsers (as the iframe in the collapsible has a mobile version itself which always would "jump out" on mobiles - forbidding anyone to see the page itself)

As to credentials... I could register you there (my site is 2FA-protected, so it's not just about credentials), however, there are two other possiblilties: 1st of all via support access, which I could enable, 2nd via giving you the theme via google drive for download. Both of which I would prefer, of course.

Mahlamusa

Hello Matthias,

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for getting back to us with regards to this. We really want to help you migrate your site to the new theme.

I know the collapsible is depends on a plugin, as you mentioned, Ashok helped you embed it into your theme. It would be very nice if we can see your new theme and the plugin if it is a paid plugin so we can try it on a local installation and then give you suggestions on how to change it.

Access would be useful so we can see the current settings of the plugin and the new theme. Please upload your new theme and the plugin to Google Drive and then send the download links along with login credentials via our secure contact form. Choose "I have a different question", then write as follows:

Subject: "Attn: Lindeni Mahlalela"
    In the Message include:

- FTP login details (host, port, username, password)
    - WordPress login details if you created an account for us (login url, username, password)
    - Download link to theme
    - Download link to plugin
    - Link back to this thread for reference.

Once we have all that we will setup your theme and plugin locally and try to make that exact popup, if it goes well we will send the details on how to do it.

I hope to hear back from you soon. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Mahlamusa

Hello Matthias.

I hope you are doing great today. I have gone through the theme files and have found a way to integrate the code into the new theme.

Since you have created custom post types using CustomPress and those custom post types are displayed in a custom template on the pages of the current theme, I have also created a similar template but that works with the new theme and placed the code in the template, this template resides in the 'customizr-pro-child' theme (attached).

The code will be displayed bu may look different because the themes are not the same, in this case you may need to customize the style using CSS. You may use the template for any custom post types by choosing the template "Single Room Template" in the post editor. Please note that you may have to make some minor changes to the child theme to make it look the way you want it to.

You may have to test this on a development environment before you move it to your live website. Please find the attached child theme.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa

Mahlamusa

Hello Mathias.

I hope you are doing great today and I am sorry it does not work on your side.

I tried to access your website but Support Access has expired. Could you please re-enable support access. I accessed the logs in 'wp-content/debug.log' but I could not find anything related to this, unfortunately I can't do any further tests without staff access and your site is live so it is not safe to do test on a live website as it may cause inconveniences for your users.

If it is possible, please create a staging site (exact copy of your current site) in a sub folder of your existing website and grant support access to that staging website. With a staging website we can do anything we want to do without worrying about breaking your site. You can create a staging site using our Cloner plugin, see the usage tab to learn how to use the plugin.

Once you have your staging site, it will be easier for us to test your code freely until we find the cause of this issue.

I hope you enjoy your day further.

Cheers,
    Mahlamusa