Ning to BuddyPress on Multisite

Help!

1. I created a csv file (since I don't use ning) that has columns with Name, Email, Photo url (just trying that last one)

2. I went to Network Admin of MultiSite and imported it.

3. Received error "Skipped - Email address already in use:"

Huh?

Do I need to format the CSV a specific way or name the fields specific name?

Is multisite causing this error?

4. So then I pop on over to the main Website and start looking around. Where did BuddyPress go?>

• DavidM

Hi SamIngersoll and first off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

The plugin's designed specifically for use with a Ning exported csv file so you'd have to have that same format in the csv file. Multisite shouldn't affect the import process at all.

Can you post an example of a line or two, perhaps with dummy data, so we could see how you've got that file setup?

Also, do you already have a user with those emails in your system?

I'm not sure why you'd be missing BuddyPress though, have you disabled that? If you're on Multisite, you'd see it in your Network Admin page. Could you verify that's active and showing there?

-David

• Philip John

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.