Ning to BuddyPress - Some Users Prompted to Download JSON file

WPMUDEV,

Yesterday, I imported my Ning users into my BuddyPress themed website using your NingToBuddyPress plug-in. All worked well. It appears that some members are prompted to download, open, or save a JSON file when logging in to their account with their updated username and password. Other users have NO problems. Have you encountered this issue before? Thanks!

Shawn

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Shawn,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

As far as I know none of the users should be asked to download anything. They should be e-mailed with their usernames, passwords and URL of login page and be able to login.

Just to make sure: these users are prompted to download the file by your BuddyPress site, not Ning itself, right?

Let me however call our 2nd-line support for help here as this is something I've never encountered before. Hopefully they'll be able to find a culprit and a fix here!

Please note though that their response time might be a bit longer than ours here on support forum. Keep an eye on this thread for further information and have a great day!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Shawn

Thanks Adam! This only happened after a person had their new credentials and clicked on the link in the email to be taken to the new site. Ning was not involved. On the new site after they input their username and password and hit enter, a box at the bottom of the browser asked what to do with the json file (either save, open, ignore).

I will say that after a user closed their browser, opened the site directly (not through the email message) they appeared to be logged-in and received no prompts to download anything. As of this writing, so far so good. I will pick this back up if more troubles persist with the json file issue. Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.