No Access to Backend after updates

Hi

I don`t have access anymore to the backend of several websites after making a bulk update via the hub.

Sites include:
presse-zentrum.ch
blumenverpackung.ch
de-la-croix.ch

I think it may have something to do with the hummingbird plugin, since I had problems before.

Do you have any idea why this happend and how I can fix this? It is very urgent.

Thanks for your help.

Christian

• James Morris

Hello Christian,

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to one of your sites and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• Christian

Hi

First I thought it would have affected only 3 sites. It turned out that it was over 12 Sites I couldn`t access anymore. That is one third of all sites managed over the hub.

I spent several hours yesterday manually deleting hummingbird via FTP on all those sites. The damage was really big and cost me a lot of time and nerves.

All sites are running again after deleting hummingbird, so I know now for sure that this has caused the issue.

I think it`s clear that hummingbird at its current version is not save to install and you should no longer offer it to clients until you resolve the issues around it. I can only warn all users to install this plugin.

Best regards,

Christian

• James Morris

Hello Christian,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you have experienced. There has been an update to Hummingbird over the last couple days that has resolved some reported issues. If you have a development environment where you would be willing to test out the latest version, this may work better for you.

Also, while we do everything possible to ensure compatibility with other plugins, it's possible that Hummingbird is not compatible with a plugin you are running on the 12 sites affected. Unfortunately, without being able to test on your particular environment, it's difficult to say for sure.

All our plugins are extensively tested across our entire staff in numerous environments. We go to great lengths to ensure that the are stable and ready for release. However, it's impossible for us to cover every situation and configuration. We welcome any bug reports and take these very seriously.

Again, I apologize for the trouble you have experienced. If there are any further questions you have, we'll be happy to help!

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.