No Access when 'subscribers' log in

Hi, so this is an issue that just recently started happening.

When I have people designated as 'subscribers' log in, they now go to a page where it says they don't have access. Prior to just a couple of days ago, this never happened before. They should go to the main page when they can see the training we offer, but they can't.

Any help you could provide on this? VERY important?

Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @wayoutwest,

Can you take a screenshot of your Dashboard > membership > options > general & membership pages tabs settings.

Have you assigned a default level to registered users?

Also what rules are you using on your access levels for your subscription plans?

If you could also grant support access by visiting Dashboard > wpmudev > support > support access in your WP dashboard.

Thanks

Thanks

• Paldin
    • Flash Drive

Hi Vaughan, here's a little background on the site. It was created by 'wayoutwest', and I've been the new site admin since March. This is the first WP site I've managed.

'Default subscription for registered users' is currently set to 'None'.

Here are the two screenshots you asked for, and the rules for access levels.

Support access has been granted.

Let me know what else you'll need.

• Paldin
    • Flash Drive

Good morning,

This is extremely important. I have people that paid me money so they can access the materials on my site. Now, they can't get to the information that they paid money for. They are understandably extremely frustrated, and I need to get this resolved immediately.

Is there any way you can have someone take a look at it?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Paldin, I hope you're well today!

I logged-in your site today and took a look at your Membership configuration.

It seems to me like this is because you're using positive rules...
    Positive rules should be used if you only want to allow your users access to specific pages/posts.
    If you want to disallow them access to certain areas of your site I would recommend you use negative rules instead!!
    Can you please try that?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• Paldin
    • Flash Drive

Hi Ari,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to look at this, as it's very important. Secondly, the subscribers should be able to see protected content, so wouldn't that go under the 'Positive' rules? If I were to change them to 'Negative' rules, based on my current set-up, exactly which current access level would I change? Did something from a plugin update change the configuration?

Also, this just started happening this week. The rules have been in place for quite a while without any problems.

Again, thank you so much!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.