No difference between pro site upgrade option during signup

Hi there

I am testing the signup process for pro sites. Right now, when a user signs up, if they click 'Would you like to upgrade this site to a pro-site account?' and continue, their site is registered and it is initiated under the trial period.

What if they just want to pay for it immediately and sign up?

• Cirrus123
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Let me reword what I want vs what is happening:

What I want:

User goes to wp-signup.php and puts in their user name and password then proceeds to the site creation page. they pick their domain, whether they want search engines to index it, aand then click submit. once they click submit, they will get an email confirmation request. Once they click that, I want them to be taken to the payment options page, where they can decide on a free trial, OR a full paid account.

What is happening now:

User signs up, and when they confirm their email they can immediately log into a trial account with a notice at the top saying they have so many days left on the trial.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Cirrus123,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Actually, the default workflow for Pro Sites is that when user registers his/her account he/she is able to use the "basic" (or "Free" in terms of Pro Sites levels) package. To override this you may want to enable a "Pay to Blog" add-on.

With this one on users want be able to do anything after registration, unless they sign up for a selected package. You may of course create a Free or paid packages or "free with trial".

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Cirrus123
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Adam - I have the pay to blog thing enabled. What I'm saying is they seem to be able to, in essence, use the account for the trial under a paid one. I want them to have the option of the free trial or to pay immediately.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @Cirrus123,,

I hope you're well today!

I can see now what's your point. Please take a look at the screenshot attached. Those settings for Free Trials affect all the levels. If you enable "Free Trials" option there and then choose a level it doesn't mean that those who signup for this level will be given the trial period. Instead it means that everyone who signup for any plan will be given a free trial but for the trial period they'll be assigned with the level selected from the "Free trial level" dropdown list.

Regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.