No drop downs on Menu and no homepage content.

Like many I just did the update to 3.2 and have some bugs to work out. I updated also Buddypress to 1.2.9 and all other plug ins which had updates.

My homepage opens but after the search bar with user name I have no content on my homepage and my drop down menu does not work. It shows and when you hover the color changes but tends to stick to the hover color for several seconds on all tabs you hover over.

I switched to the default BP theme and the home page shows up. I did have a customized page setup from the default network theme which could be the issue. Either way I need help figure things out to get it fixed.

Thanks.

UPDATE !! I just changed to the default Network theme and the home page content shows up with the default box look but the menu isn't there. It doesn't show in the child theme though.

• Rick Lewis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I just change the plugins folder name and tried my site. The menus are now working but I still have no content on my home page. I suspect for me that is based on the child theme customizing that was done?

There is also the issue of my widgets somehow being removed from from the sidebars and footer. The widgets are also not able to be opened.

Hope some of this info helps in the troubleshooting process.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

In testing a site this wasn't able to be reproduced so probably is either something to do with plugins or customisation. First port of call would be to remove all plugins then to use the default theme and work out what in your child isn't working.

• Rick Lewis

Sorry I thought I had mentioned using the default theme.

Before the update this morning I had the menu issue but the content was there. I updated the theme and the menu issue is resolved with plugins enabled. Content though is still not there.

Tammie, as you know I am using a child theme which you created that modified the default home page to use widgets. I have turned off all plugins and so on and still didn't get anything on the homepage. It shows as noted in the screenshot above. As mentioned I also had this weird thing with the widgets themselves as they seemed to all just go away and I had to re add them in the widget screen. I could not edit them using the dropdowns on them but I haven't went back to that since the update. Time is getting a little short and I need to run off to work for the day. For the moment I am leaving the BP default up as that is working.

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

I also know you have a whole range of plugins hence unless you remove those we cant test really like for like. Please try the suggested method and we can look at this. Remove all plugins and widgets see if issue and add back in until find out the culprit.

Content missing I truly don't know have you reset up options incase? Again could be a plugin issue but it certainly is specific to your site so you need to work with us to eliminate what could be the cause.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Rick,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

• Rick Lewis

actually this wasn't fully resolved as the content issue in the theme was there. I was using the child theme which had a customized home page.

The default buddypress theme worked fine and turning off all plug ins did not correct the issue.

The menu issue which many others had was corrected as mentioned above.

I have since changed over to the blogs my theme so this can remain closed. Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.