no export order for marketpress

I've spent an hour researching this forum and an overwhelming amount of posts have been written about the (in)ability to export orders with MarketPress.

I have not had success getting line item detail from any of the suggested export plugins recommended in those other forums so am opening my own support thread asking for help on export order details.

If there is not a solution built into MarketPress on the horizon (in the roadmap this year), I will be moving the client to WooCommerce

That is not a threat and I do not mean to be brash. It is just really eye-opening to see this lack of functionality. I assumed it was present, so it is also my blame for rushing into using MP without considering that.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Logan,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

You'd like to be able to export and import orders from and to MarketPress, do I understand it correctly? The orders are custom posts and you should be able to export/import them via XML file using regular WP Export feature and standard WordPress Importer.

I just tested it on my own setup to confirm that. Take a look at this video please:

http://screencast.com/t/M1jEz0SV

Would that work for you or am I missing something here? Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Logan

I apologize for my ambiguity, Adam.

The idea is to export order item detail to reconcile things in Quick Books. To do business level analytics (trending of products, comparing cost of goods, etc) I need to get the item level orders into QB.

The XML file is great for moving orders from WP to WP, but not sure how to get the line items information into a format that QB could use.

Thoughts?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Logan!

Thank you for this additional explanation, I wasn't aware that you need it for Quick Books :wink:

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with Quick Books at all. I can see that they are offering a free trial with no credit card needed so I could sign up and check if there's a solution but with know knowledge of Quick Book at all this would take a lot of time.

Having said that, I'd appreciate a lot any tips/advise about Quick Books and especially their "import" formats that you could share with me to help me go through this quicker and not to miss anything. Some kind of a step by step guide of some example task that you'd like to perform in Quick Books using order data from MarketPress would also be very helpful.

I'll be glad to "take a look around" then and see if I could come up with something useful for you :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Logan,

hope everything's fine for you and don't mind skipping in! :slight_smile:

I think a CSV file would work

I just read this topic and reminded me of a plugin that used lately, WP CSV. I actually tested right now with MarketPress, I exported the products as I didn't have any orders placed, but this should work no matter what. The downside on this approach is that you should edit that CSV afterwards, in order to comply with the QB requirements.

Feel free to test that on your own and see how that goes. :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Logan

That is one of the ones I have tried, as well; however, like you acutely pointed out, the downside if having to edit the CSV afterwards.

It is not a trivial edit process. As a specific example, this is the order information in one of the orders, which is not a standard format I recognize (not JSON for example) that spits out from WP CSV:

a:2:{i:276;a:1:{i:0;a:7:{s:3:"SKU";s:5:"MAXGI";s:4:"name";s:12:"Max GI Detox";s:3:"url";s:50:"https://mwjourney.com/store/products/max-gi-detox/";s:5:"price";d:72;s:8:"quantity";i:1;s:8:"download";b:0;s:16:"before_tax_price";d:72;}}i:267;a:1:{i:0;a:7:{s:3:"SKU";s:8:"PROGUT30";s:4:"name";s:24:"Probiotics Gut Health 30";s:3:"url";s:62:"https://mwjourney.com/store/products/probiotics-gut-health-30/";s:5:"price";d:37.99000000000000198951966012828052043914794921875;s:8:"quantity";i:1;s:8:"download";b:0;s:16:"before_tax_price";d:37.99000000000000198951966012828052043914794921875;}}}

Any help/thoughts on what the format it is and how we can get it to CSV?

Thanks!

• Dimitris

Hey there Logan,

excuse me for the late reply on this. :slight_smile:

the downside if having to edit the CSV afterwards.
    It is not a trivial edit process.

I can assume how much time you can spend on editing CSV files, but having an exporter specifically for a third-party service may be difficult to find.

Any help/thoughts on what the format it is and how we can get it to CSV?

Well, this seems actually very ugly, at least for a CSV exporter plugin. I just had a tip from Nastia to use the WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin and I inspected the exported file which seems better. I don't know if you have tested that already, but seems that splits things up in a more distinctive way and does not create the kind of unrecognisable format that WP CSV did. :wink:

Please inform me if this could this be a starting point for you.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.