no "extra field" and possibility to add a new appointment on "busy" ...

By testing my client site, i've found 2 bugs with adding new form :

1/ Obviously my extra field appears on confirmation section on front-end, when admin wants to add new appointment, this extra field doesn't appear on add new form.

2/ With adding new, admin can overlap a new appointment on a "busy" time slot (obviously max slot allocation set is on 1). The dropdown beginning time shows all slots from 0:00 to 23:30, (free, busy or not available)! :grinning:

Thanks in advance for your solution.

Jean-Jacques

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Jean-Jacques,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1/ Obviously my extra field appears on confirmation section on front-end, when admin wants to add new appointment, this extra field doesn't appear on add new form.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version of Appointments+ plugin and found the additional Appointments fields are getting displayed in the front end and in the admin area also when creating new appointment as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

2/ With adding new, admin can overlap a new appointment on a "busy" time slot (obviously max slot allocation set is on 1). The dropdown beginning time shows all slots from 0:00 to 23:30, (free, busy or not available)! :grinning:

Currently the time displayed in the admin area when creating new appointment is not validated against whether it's available or not and appointment creator has to take care of it.

I also think it should be validated to avoid the problems so i will move this over to the features & feedback section. This way it can be considered for future development, and we can also see what other community members think about the feature request.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jean-Jacques

Hi Vinod, thank you for your fast response.
    I've looked into my db and then re-verified appointments+ settings, and it appears that by removing and recreationg an extra field, "Allow admin-side fields editing " was no more checked. (Is that be checked by default ?)
    The second point is more annoying. So I've said that my client is informatic very non expert (I've to hide WP admin menu items, to let him use of WP dashbord), it will happen that himself or an employee will overlap a time slot by adding a new appointment on a busy slot, especially he cannot see the active or the pending appointments during adding, on phone call.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Jean-Jacques,

Thank you for your reply.

I've looked into my db and then re-verified appointments+ settings, and it appears that by removing and recreationg an extra field, "Allow admin-side fields editing " was no more checked. (Is that be checked by default ?)

I have tested it on my another fresh test site and found the "Allow admin-side fields editing" option is not checked by default. You have to check it to edit additional fields from admin area.

The second point is more annoying. So I've said that my client is informatic very non expert (I've to hide WP admin menu items, to let him use of WP dashbord), it will happen that himself or an employee will overlap a time slot by adding a new appointment on a busy slot, especially he cannot see the active or the pending appointments during adding, on phone call.

I can understand it therefore i have moved this over features & feedback section so that it can be considered for future development.

In the meanwhile they can check the appointment availability from the front end of your site on appointments page and then can book available appointment from admin area.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.