no featured image (and other errors) on my custom theme Buddypress (based on default themes)

Hi!
I made a custom theme starting with buddypress default theme and now on posts creation I've no Featured Image option.

I cannot even activate it on screen options.
I tried to add add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails'); on funtions.php but I've got no results.

When I start building this theme I had buddypress 1.2 installed and so the default theme I used as base for my custom theme was from that version.
Than I installed BP 1.5.1 on a new server and moved the theme.

On the same theme I get an error on Setting Tab on member profile page, it bring me a blank page.
And there are some layout issue.

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers

A few things to consider.

Between 1.2 and 1.5 a fair bit has changed. You could use a diff program to compare changes BuddyPress default theme then and now to look for changes, this might help you.

Did it work before you added the "add_theme_support" function? if so then it might be worth you posting your code so we could see if there are any noticeable issues.

On the same theme I get an error on Setting Tab on member profile page, it bring me a blank page.
    And there are some layout issue.

Have you ensured there are no other plugin conflicts causing this? Have you checked your error logs and if so what errors are bing shown?

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.