No free sites?

I do not want to offer any free sites on the network (unless there is a coupon of special offer of some kind). Is it enough to simply set up paid levels without setting up a free level? Are there specific mods needed in setup?

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey ProSapien.

To ensure no free blogs are given out, you can activate the addon, Pay To Blog. :slight_smile:

Admin --> Network Admin --> Pro Sites --> Modules/Gateways

/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=psts-modules

In there you can activate Pay To Blog. This will allow people the option to sign up, create a blog but not be able to use it until they are paid up.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

• Clifford P

So is there a native option to allow certain sites to have a coupon code or some other way to have a higher level that they didn't pay for (at least via PayPal)?

Example 1:
    Get paid $75/month
    Requires me to invoice them.
    Pays per quarter.
    I receive check in the mail, cash it, and then give them the level they want (not the free level).

Example 2:
    "Grandfathered" sites.
    Site usage used to be free.
    Now for same functionality, requires $30/month.
    But all "those" sites get Grandfathered in so they're free forever.

Is that part of this plugin already?

Thank you.

• Timothy Bowers

You can put them on any level you wish, then pop into the Pro Sites admin area and extend their membership by making it permanent.

Admin --> Network Admin --> Prosites

And enter the site ID. You can also access that same edit screen for a site by going to :

Admin --> Network Admin --> Sites --> All sites

And click on the item under the Pro Sites column.

Then manually extend to make it permanent. You can choose the level there as well.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.