Well, I'll present this like a user story/use case:
1. Test Student registers and enrols on Course A
2. Starts learning by opening up the Dashboard and clicking on the first module.
3. Reads the first pages containing the material to be learnt and tested
4. Gets to the review page, where mandatory questions are asked in order to continue.
5. Starts work on the answers but has to stop, so clicks on "Save progress and exit"
6. Comes back another day, logs in and clicks "continue learning" and then "Unit 1"
7. Is taken to the Review page where he can continue answering the questions.
8. It's been a few days since he studied the course so he wishes to review the material. He scrolls down to the bottom of the page and click on an earlier page number but is told that <<All questions marked with "* Mandatory" require your input.>>
9. Test Student thinks this is not logical or fair, is frustrated and submits a support ticket...
10. Course manager is helpless to do anything and submits a ticket to WPMU Dev...
Ok, I had to make it to 10 so I've played it out a little, all in good humour :wink:
The point is that mandatory questions should prevent people accessing the next page/unit, not going BACK to review previous material.
This is quite a major issue, so I would appreciate a response from the development team on this one.