No initial subscription form appear to sign up first time visitors for registration

Want to see the subscription form appear when a first time user - visitor initially reached the site. Currently not able to get the subscription request sign up form to display.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Kent and welcome to the WPMUDEV Community!

Could you please grant me access to your backend so that I may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Kent
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Patrick:

looking at the link given this is what I am seeing:

Your Subscriptions
    Your current subscriptions are listed here. You can renew, cancel or upgrade your subscriptions by using the forms below.

No form appears

• Kent
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok Ty as you described above the result shown was able to duplicated. What seem to be my misunderstanding on how to direct a "Non registered user - new user/visitor to a subscription page or why no subscription page/button displays when the user arrive at the site for the first time?

Do not seem to understand yet how "membership" works fully.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Kent

I hope you are having a great day!

The Membership plugin does not automatically add a "Subscribe" button or link anywhere on your site, except of course on the registration page as it was designed to do.

If you want a button or link on your homepage to direct visitors to your registration page, you can add a custom link to your menu, or add a button in a widget like so:

<a class="button" href="http://dev.soulofva.com/register/">Signup</a>

• Kent
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

Fair. Then how does "Membership" allow for a new/non/visitor/stranger to register/subscribe when arriving at the home page initially? Does a notice display saying "Would like to join" or a screen asking you to complete a subscription form.

• Ash
        • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Kent

Does a notice display saying "Would like to join" or a screen asking you to complete a subscription form.

You have to create this notice/button/link etc for your visitor. As Patrick said, membership doesn't add any button automatically as membership doesn't know exactly where you want to show that link.

You can create a custom link in your main navigation, you can add a button or notice in sidebar widget or even you can show a notice as a popup, that's up to you.

Cheers
        Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.