No link to password reset in Events + login

When people return to the site to book an event, if they do not remember their password (or username), there is no link to the WP password reset screen on the Events login dialog box. Most users will not be familiar with WP and will not know where to go. Could a link to the password reset be put in that dialog? Where would I add that? Can this be a new feature in future releases?
We appeal to an older audience and many do not have FB or G+ to log in, and so they create a login, and then a month or so later they come back and are unable to log in as they have forgotten it, and so are unable to book tickets for an event.

• Vaughan

Hi @bdienes,

Hope you're well?

That sounds like a good idea, I will certainly add this to the feature requests for you, however, i've been trying to find where this is done in the plugin code but was unable to figure it out exactly. Let me just ask one of our SLS guys to see if there's a quick solution for you, however I think this would mean editing the plugin code unless I missed a filter that could be used somewhere.

Hope this helps

• Hoang Ngo

Hi @bdienes,

I hope you are well today.

We can add the Lost Password Link to the form by javascript, please add this code to your theme functions.php or use mu-plugins

add_action('wp_footer', 'append_reset_link_rspv');
    function append_reset_link_rspv()
    {
        $forgot_pass_link = wp_lostpassword_url();
        ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            jQuery(function ($) {
                $(document).on('eab-api-registration-form_rendered', function () {
                    $('#eab-wordpress_login-mode_toggle').append($('<a/>').text('Lost your password?').attr('href', '<?php echo $forgot_pass_link ?>').css({
                        'display':'block'
                    }))
                })
            })
        </script>
    <?php
    }

If you have any issues please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist.

Best regards,
    Hoang

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.