No longer able to post comments after Protected Content plugin upgrade

Hi

I have upgraded to latest version of Protected Content and now it isn't possible to post comments or add topics to the Group forums.

If I disable the plugin it is possible so it is definitely the plugin that is stopping this.

Can you help please.

thanks
Mariette

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Mariette, I hope you're well today!

Could you please grant us access to your backend so that we may see exactly what is happening?
    To do so, from your dashboard go to WPMUDEV => Support => Support Access and click on the "Grant access" button.

Please note that you must have the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed on your site to complete the above process.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Mariette,

we have found this bug yesterday and it is absolutely fixed in the next release (which will be a major update, it feeld like it's Christmas again for us :slight_smile:

I found a workaround that might solve the issue on your installation even with the current version of the plugin:

-> Go to the Protected Content "Add-ons" page and activate "Custom Post Type - Post By Post"

The problem is caused by a logic error in the default Custom Post Type protection. By enabling this Add-on you activate an alternative logic, that will not mess with your forum...

Let us know if it worked (I hope it does...) - however, we'll get the next release ready ASAP so your forum should be up and running soon in any case!
    Thanks, Philipp :slight_smile:

• Mariette
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Philipp
    I activated this add-on yesterday (following your response re my other issue [Forum topic and replies hidden from Members when Protected Content plugin activated] ) and yes, it has worked for this issue too. Many thanks again!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.