No media buttons in Easy Blogging and Membership

Hi,

I’m using Multi-site 3.2.1 and the latest versions of Easy Blogging and Membership. I just noticed that the media buttons are missing when creating a new post when logged in as a member with a limited Membership access level. I can’t seem to find a way to add them back to their editor. The media buttons appear just fine when I’m logged in as admin.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi ChuckS,

Membership and Easy Blogging don’t really have any specific feature to limit the Media upload button, that actually sounds like it could be due to media not being allowed in your Network Admin > Settings, “Upload Settings”.

If uploads are allowed, if you deactivate those plugins and visit the site as that user, are you able to then see the button?

Thanks,

David

• ChuckS
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi David,

I did as you requested: Made sure the media upload settings were checked, deactivated EasyBlogging and Membership. I was also using TinyMCE Advanced – deactivated it also.

I logged out and logged back in as a user with Contributor permissions. Media buttons still do not show. They do show if admin for that sub-site.

Chuck S.

• ChuckS
    • The Crimson Coder

Update and request.

After a little research I discovered the Contributors can add content, but they cannot add images (upload files). Thus, the media buttons do not appear.

Problem – I want this level to have posts approved before going public. If I upgrade the level to Author, the user can now add images, AND, publish the post.

Question – How do I allow a user to upload images, yet require approval before going public?

I don’t see a way to do this through Membership.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.