No Message to Confirm Appointment Receipt?

http://marthajmason.com/testsite/?page_id=79

First off, let me just say that this plugin is very impressive, and the Google calendar integration is great. It is set up exactly how I want it, and it is showing all the correct times as available/unavailable. I am hoping my problem is a very simple one... I do not get any message confirming receipt of the appointment. I have installed the plugin on another test site with nothing else installed, and when I confirm an appointment, I get a popup message that says "We have received your appointment. Thanks." I don't get that on this install for some reason.

The weird thing is that the appointments are actually being booked and confirmed successfully, and I get confirmation emails and everything else. I just don't get any message that would show the client that they successfully booked. I went back and switched to the Twenty Twelve theme and tried it; still no luck. I have no idea what the issue could be. I'm hoping it is something simple. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• parker_mason

Patrick,

Thanks for your help. You are definitely correct that it has something to do with the Gcal integration. I turned Gcal integration off and it started working again.

When I press "Test Connection" under the Gcal i get the following message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marthajm/public_html/testsite/wp-admin/includes/template.php:1642) in /home/marthajm/public_html/testsite/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

Any ideas what that might mean and if that is likely the cause of the problem?

• parker_mason

Still having trouble with this. Any ideas? I would really like to start using this plugin! We are starting to miss out on business. This seems like it should be a fairly simple fix. I believe that all of my Google Calendar account settings are entered correctly... it seems weird that it still syncs fine with the Gcal but I can only get that popup success message if Gcal is turned off.

I suppose I could sync with Gcal to block off the correct times on the calendar, and then turn it off to allow clients to book, but that would be a pain to keep repeating every day.

• aristath

Hello there @parker_mason, I hope you're well today!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/marthajm/public_html/testsite/wp-admin/includes/template.php:1642) in /home/marthajm/public_html/testsite/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

This message indicates that somewhere on your installation a php file outputs headers before its time.
    You can solve this issue by following the process below:
    Switch your theme to the default twentytwelve theme and deactivate all other plugins except the Appointments+ plugin.
    You should now see that this error no longer exists.
    To find out which plugin/theme triggers this issue, start activating them one-by-one and test again.
    Finally, activate your previously selected theme.

Next, you'll have to inspect the files of the plugin that triggers this error.

Open all hp files one by one and check for the following:

If there is a space or blank line before the opening <?php tag on the file, delete those spaces or lines.

If there is a closing ?> tag at the end of the file, delete it.

As stated in the PHP docs,

The closing tag of a PHP block at the end of a file is optional, and in some cases omitting it is helpful when using include or require, so unwanted whitespace will not occur at the end of files, and you will still be able to add headers to the response later. It is also handy if you use output buffering, and would not like to see added unwanted whitespace at the end of the parts generated by the included files.

I hope that helps!

Take care,
    Ari.

• Patrick

Hi @parker_mason

I'm doing a bit of housekeeping by going through some older threads, and I noticed that this one is still open.

Do you still need assistance on this issue?

If not, just to get the ticket out of our active system, I'm going to mark it resolved.

But if you do still need help here, please don't hesitate to re-open the thread by checking the "Mark as not resolved" box below.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.