No Order Notifications Being Sent to Owner

The customers are getting order confirmations but the owner is not. They’re having to go in manually to “Manage Orders” to see them.

The email address at the top of messages in settings is filled out properly.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

If the emails aren’t going to the spam folder, you may want to look into whether there is a communication issue between the outgoing email server for the install and the incoming server for your client (i.e., send a test email from the same domain as the server and see if your client is able to receive it). Email can be a picky thing at times.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

If it took that long, it almost certainly means that it was an issue with how your host throttles mail sent by php’s send(). As @tom said, the best way to go about addressing the issue is with an SMTP plugin. Personally, I use Configure SMTP. The only complaint I have with it is the lack of a batch or throttle setting (i.e., if you want to send 1000 emails, there is no setting to schedule them to be sent in batches instead of all at once).

If you’re in a shared hosting environment, throttling for send() (and other functions like it) is pretty commonplace.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Agreed. That’s the biggest drawback of shared hosting. They can (and will) throttle your site, and others, the instant their systems reach certain thresholds… which can be pretty arbitrary.

If you begin to notice recurring instances of things slowing down due to traffic (both to and from your site), it may be time to consider a dedicated or VPS account.

I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved for now. If you still need more help on this, simply re-open the thread by ticking the Mark as Not Resolved (re-open) box below.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.