No Portal template in version 6 of WHMCS

There is no longer a portal template in version 6 of WHMCS, and the only option I can get to work is for 6 template. It looks pretty rubbish, and does not integrate with my wordpress theme. What would you reccomend to do?

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Richard,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

I can see the following information on the page http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_6.0_Release_Notes regarding this.

With the release of WHMCS 6.0, we are also deprecating our two oldest client area template themes - classic and portal. As of this release these client area template themes will no longer ship with WHMCS and will receive no further updates. They will continue to remain in the 5.3.x releases until such time as 5.3 reaches End of Life.

We strongly recommend that all new custom themes and templates are built based off the latest current client area template theme six in order to take full advantage of the latest improvements and new functionality.

I have notified the plugin developer about this to get his valuable reply regarding it.

He will reply here ASAP.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Rupok

Hi Richard

I hope you are having a wonderful day.

What I got from our developer is:

Portal template still works fine in WHMCS 6, just that it is not installed by default. You can copy the template from WHMCS 5 and install it in WHCMS 6.

Can you please try this and let us know the result? Don't forget to take a full backup of your site if you experiment with anything so that you can instantly go the the working condition if anything goes wrong.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rich

Thanks for getting back to me. The problem with this, is that this template will not support any new functionality in whmcs. They have strongly recommended not to do this, although it would in the meantime still function with no issues so would do for now. My installation was done with version 6, could you provide me a copy of the portal template? Will they look to create a new template based on the 6 template for the plugin?

• Rupok

Hi Richard

As @Vinod mentioned

We strongly recommend that all new custom themes and templates are built based off the latest current client area template theme six in order to take full advantage of the latest improvements and new functionality.

So it's expected that you will not get all functionality in previous themes.

But I just got a resource which may help you. Can you please go through this article (http://docs.whmcs.com/Customising_the_Six_Theme)? It will help you to modify Six Theme as you want.

And right now, I can't make sure if they will look to create a new template but if they do, you will surely get an update. Keep your eye on your WP Dashboard and regularly update all your plugins so that you can get all latest releases of all our products.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok