No purchase button in second step of the subscription registration process

I have Membership installed and have activated the 2Checkout payment gateway which I have been using successfully with the Tickera plugin for a while now.

However when I go to create a subscription in the second step of the registration process it gives me this message:

"Please check the details of your subscription below and click on the relevant button to complete the subscription"

It also gives me a table with the name of the subscription and the cost and a "You will pay: AUD15.00 every year" statement.

However there is no button to take me to 2Checkout to complete the transaction?

• patrick_stapleton

I'm concerned if I change the theme to test it if is the issue then I will lose a lot of the information specific to the current theme (sliders and such) when I change it back again. Is this a valid concern? If so, can you recommend a method of mitigating this?

How to I enable WP_DEBUG in the wp-config.php template? Does this mean downloading the template and modifying it and re-uploading or can I somehow edit it within Wordpress? I've looked at the templates in the Appearance/Editor page but cannot see this one.

Sign Up button looks good, I have installed the "Sidebar Login" plugin which provides a button to login, a link to register and I've added a link to "Become a Friend". The process of registration works fine, it's just the next "Sign up for" step that goes bad.

You guys can check for yourselves at:
    http://www.goldcoastphilharmonic.com/category/news/

Click the "Become a Friend" link on the right hand side, then click the "Sign Up" button, click the "Already have a user account" link, enter testregistraiton as the user name and test12 as the password, and the next page you see is the issue.

P.S. I've run the repair job but to no effect.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @patrick_stapleton

I hope you are well today and sorry about the extreme delay here.

Could you try upgrading to the latest version of the membership plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ and see if the problem still exists?

I'm concerned if I change the theme to test it if is the issue then I will lose a lot of the information specific to the current theme (sliders and such) when I change it back again. Is this a valid concern? If so, can you recommend a method of mitigating this?

That is certainly a valid concern, your theme may or may not have a export option for exporting the settings you have already got, if it hasn't, I'd recommend taking a backup of the site as it is and your database and also take some screenshots of your current settings, so you can put it back "as is" :slight_smile:

How to I enable WP_DEBUG in the wp-config.php template? Does this mean downloading the template and modifying it and re-uploading or can I somehow edit it within Wordpress? I've looked at the templates in the Appearance/Editor page but cannot see this one.

You can edit the wp-config.php file within either your cPanel > file manger > public_html > wp-config.php or via FTP, this file is not available within the normal WordPress editor.

You should see this within the file
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Change that to
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

This will output any errors or warnings on the site itself.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.