no sidebars for events archive, single evetns

hello, no combo of checkboxes (in events settings) seem to allow me to have sidebars on the events archive and single event pages

i am using socialize theme

• James Morris

Hello brian,

I hope you are well today.

I've taken a look at your site and theme settings and I see what you are referring to. Since Events+ has no control over whether your site displays the sidebars on pages or not, this is an issue specific to your theme and not the plugin.

However, if you would be willing to grant me access to your site and server so I can check the theme files, I can try to figure out why the settings are not taking effect for Events+ pages. It could be something as simple as needing a template file for the events.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Select "I have a different question" from the drop-down box.

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris

Hello brian,

I've spent quite a bit of time trying every option available in your theme and in Events+ trying to get the sidebars to show. I can get them to show in the Events+ Archives by disabling template override in Events -> Settings -> Appearance settings, but for some reason, the single event will never inherit the sidebars, no matter what I do. I even tried creating a custom page template and the events still didn't have sidebars. Your Event Archives have sidebars right now though.

I believe there's some logic in this theme that is preventing the sidebars from being displayed properly. I tried every option in the Theme options and no changes were made. When you disable template override in Events+, the plugin renders the pages however the theme dictates. So, whatever settings the theme has for sidebars should take affect. If you test on any other theme you can see this in action.

You may want to contact the theme developer and find out if there is a known bug with displaying sidebars on events.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.