No Smush Now button in media library

I cannot find a Smush Now button either in list view or on an individual image edit page in the media library (it used to be there). So I am unable to individually smush items. Bulk smushing returns an error and won't smush the last 3 items.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello jacob_perl,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

For images that were already smushed there's no "Smush now" button in Media Library. Instead there should be a notice of optimization ans "Smush stats [+]" link. The "Smuch now" button will not be presented for any files that are impossible to smush. That includes non-image files and some broken images.

You screenshot shows that 816 of 819 images were smushed already. There'll be no "Smush now" button anymore for these. However, if there's also no "Smush now" button for last free it may mean that either this is a result of a bug or those images are broken. Would you mind if I took a closer look at this? To do it I'd need to access your site via support access that you can grant with our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

To do this, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for this explanation.

After you enable the "Super-Smush Images" option an additional "Super Smush Images" bar with a "Smush now" button should appear on your dashboard's "Media -> WP Smush" page. This only shows up if a plugin detects that there are indeed images that were smushed previously but not "super-smushed". If there's no that additional (as on your site) bar and button it means that the images were already "super-smushed" - either a "standard" bulk smushing was ran with Super-Smush option enabled or the images were super-smushed during upload (as this option is also enabled).

I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam