No Snapshots have been recorded since OCTOBER?

We have snapshot set to run weekly, and it did run fine for a long time (June through October). It's no longer archiving the snapshots, though. I've searched and read other discussions about increasing memory, etc..., but I'm not having any luck.

I've granted admin access on the site. Just need to get it fixed. Thank you!

• Milan

Hello @raylene,

Sorry to hear that you are facing issue with our Product.

I can see in snapshot's log file that it didn't run since last October. Have you done something in your wp-config.php file ? Something like disabling default wordpress cron with this constant ?

define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', 'true');

Or have you added any plugin which you think can interfere with wordpress cron jobs ?

The Snapshot automated processing runs based on the WordPress WP_Cron automation. This requires front-end traffic to your site. But try this. Try creating a new snapshot. In the new snapshot set the interval to 5 minutes. Then save the Snapshot. Watch your site and see if the snapshots are created in 5 minute intervals. ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Raylene

Hi @milansavaliyaz.

Thank you for your assistance.

We made no changes to the site in October. The only plugin that could effect WP_Cron might be MailPoet Newsletter, and I'm honestly not sure when it last updated. Snapshot was working before with MailPoet running.

I set the 5minute interval snapshot to run, and it appears to be running fine. I did, however, NOT include the plugin files in the snapshot, and have the max number of local snapshots set at 0.

What does this tell us (you)?

Cheers,
    ~ Raylene

• Raylene

OK, further testing this morning has yielded interesting results.

On the weekly backup, I removed the (optional) directory path for the backup storage. That did not change anything - backup still not saving.

So, I selected not to include the plugin files in the snapshot, and it DID run and store the backup.

Selecting to include plugin files again resulted in NOT storing the backup.

Selecting to not include plugin files once again resulted in a stored backup.

Why are the plugin files causing an issue with the backup? Are they too large??

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Raylene,

Thanks for providing us with this information. I think it would be important now to identify that particular plugin that's causing Snapshot to "break". Please add following line so to your "wp-config.php" file first:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

It will turn on WordPress debugging and write its output to the "/wp-content/debug.log" file on the server. The lines should be placed above the "/*That's all, stop editing..." line.

After this is done, please test your faulty snapshots again (with plugins included) and then check for the "debug.log" file on your server inside "/wp-content" folder. It would be great if you could share its content with us here. Hopefully,, this will tell us which plugin is stopping backup and suggest a solution :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.