No step 4 and step 5 in Coursepress pro during course editing

Hello! I have 2 questions, the first is that when I try to add or edit a course, only step 1, 2 and 3 appear, other steps have disappeared. In the instructors step (step 3) the following error appears:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2526118 bytes) in /home/mainhealthitizer/public_html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/functions.php on line 1087
I tried to increase the wp_memory_limit in wp-config.php, but did not find the wp_memory_level variable, so I added the line manually with the value 400M, but this did not work, and the same problem appears.
The second question is that when I use the pay-per-session plugin from AVChat and when the user tries to enter the chat room, an error from coursepress pro appears, which is:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function cp_use_woo() in /home/mainhealthitizer/public_html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/coursepress.php on line 1059
When I deactivate Coursepress Pro, the pay-per-session plugin works fine.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Ameed,

Hope you are doing good today and welcome to WPMUDEV community :slight_smile:

For first two questions related to CoursePress seems to be because of maximum memory limit exhausted. Please try one of the method listed in this article to increase the memory and then check again.
    https://docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit/

For the plugin conflict please start a new thread so we can take a closer look at it. Its always recommended to start separate thread for each question to get faster response and according to our forum posting rules. Its helps us manage each issue in its own ticket and also helps other members of community find an answer looking for same question.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Ameed, I hope you are well today!

The most common reason for this is that your WordPress site has not generated a .htaccess file yet. WordPress generates .htaccess file for the first time when you set up pretty permalinks on Settings -> Permalinks screen. Click on Save changes and WordPress will generate a .htaccess file in your site’s root directory.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Ameed
    • New Recruit

Thanks all, but nothing worked. The same error appears again. I increased memory limit for PHP of the server to 20000 (since RAM is up to 30000MB) and the wp-config to 20000M but that also did not work. I increased to max_input variables to 100000 and the max_execution time to a very high value, but nothing works!! Please help....

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Ameed,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If you are still getting the memory exhausted error even after trying all the methods listing the link I gave you in my first reply then, you might need to talk to your host. In some shared hosting environment hosting providers does not honor the changes in this regard.

Please contact your host, explain the issue and let us know how it goes.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Ameed
      • New Recruit

Thanks, but I am the Hosting provider since the server is mine, and I made the changes globally from WHM and it was applied to the website accordingly. After installing a plugin to change the max memory (after all manual trials failed) and after making sure that it was updated, the same error is encountered.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello there @Ameed!

Have you tried to define a max memory limit in the wp-config.php?

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '120M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

This way the memory can be increased or decreased from the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT by defining WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT.

In case the settings won't apply, have you tried to restart your server?

Let us know if this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.