No Thumbnails generated on image upload

Hi,
I'm having an issue when the WP Smush plugin in active. Wordpress registers that the image has been uploaded but the thumbnail is a broken image. Also I get this error in the logs:

KILLED QUERY (23374 characters long generated in /nas/content/staging/abtrogers/wp-content/plugins/wp-smush-pro/lib/class-wp-smush-stats.php:75): SELECT post_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM rgrs_postmeta WHERE post_id IN (17420,79,17438,108,17439,109,17440,110,17432,111,13615,112,17434,113,17441,114,17425,........(etc..)

Edit: This seems to happen only when the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin is active

• Rupok

Hi Pilot,

I can see that your hosting is WPEngine and this is being caused by WPEngine killing any SQL query that is more than 16000 characters. But I'm not sure why or how WPML is making Smush Queries longer. This is really weird.

Can you please ask this in WPML Support Forum and let us know what they say about this? In the mean time, we will also try to find out the reason by ourselves. For doing the investigation, can you please send me message with your WPMU Staging access credentials and staging WordPress admin credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ ? I'll forward those to our developer as soon as you send us and we will try to find out why this is happening with WPML.

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - WPEngine Staging Panel Username
    - WPEngine Staging Panel Password
    - WPEngine Staging Panel Login URL
    - WordPress admin Username
    - WordPress admin Password
    - WordPress Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Pilot,

So sorry for the delay from our end. I do apologize. Thanks for sending the credentials. I've forwarded those to our developer and he will be checking this and I hope, he will come up with an update soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback. I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok