No WPMU site defined on this host

I load all the Files of the Multi database plugin

all are in the right Directories as per instructions, checked many times

across to my server every thing is fine until i put across the db.php file

and I get this

No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance.

here is my db-config file http://freeblog.co.nz/db-config.txt

which is in /wp-content/ as is db.php

list-hashes.php and move-blogs.php are in wp-content/scripts/

server-ip.php is in wp-content/mu-plugins/multi-db-2.6.0/

am i meant to be configuring db.php ? and what about server-ip.php ?

I have configured the move-blogs.php and am confident all is well there

anyway its not untill I put the database db.php accross that I get the error

Any Ideas can someone look at my db-config.php please http://freeblog.co.nz/db-config.txt

I have to go to Bed Yawwwn

Regards Bill

• Bill007

No Does not work for me I've double Checked the IP address of the server and that's correct I made the Changes to

//------------------------------------------------------------------------//
    //---DC IPs---------------------------------------------------------------//
    //	Usage: add_dc_ip(IP, DC)
    //	EX: add_dc_ip('123.123.123.', 'dc1');
    add_dc_ip('63.247.133.25.', 'dc1');

to

//---DC IPs---------------------------------------------------------------//
    //	Usage: add_dc_ip(IP, DC)
    //	EX: add_dc_ip('123.123.123.', 'dc1');
    add_dc_ip('63.247.133.', 'dc1');

although how will this resolve to the server? I made the Changes anyway

as far as I can see I have done all that is required Andrew did my Config file look all right

Do I need to load up the Global Database tables and the Vip Database tables ?

Regards Bill

• Bill007

Yeah Having A nightmare Here

Have to get major intervention from the server folk

Its really turned Bad been off Line all day

have removed all multi database plugin folders and Files and still the problem remains remains

No WPMU site defined on this host.

What would have changed in the Database to cause this error that it will now not restore to a working WPMU site and can I go in and Change it

your advice here please

• Andrew

Hi Bill,

I'm afraid I can't speculate as to what's wrong with your backup. If you've removed all of the multi-db files and restored a backup then everything should be working for you.

Btw, when you setup multi-db, did you move all of the blog tables to the 256 databases and the global tables to your global db? Sorry if these are silly questions. I just don't see a problem with your config file so i'm trying to think of everything.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Bill007

If that doesn't help double check simple things like the user permissions.

What user permissions are you referring to Andrew

Edit

Btw, when you setup multi-db, did you move all of the blog tables to the 256 databases and the global tables to your global db? Sorry if these are silly questions. I just don't see a problem with your config file so i'm trying to think of everything.

Right any question is not silly how do you mean have I move all the Blogs to the 256 Databases because the Answer is no As i thought that the plug in did that or am i missing some sequence here should i have moved things first

• Andrew

Hi Bill,

Typically you have to grant the MySQL user access to the databases.

Right any question is not silly how do you mean have I move all the Blogs to the 256 Databases because the Answer is no As i thought that the plug in did that or am i missing some sequence here should i have moved things first

I'm afraid the plugin doesn't do this for you. None of the multiple database solutions for WPMU will move the tables for you. However we do provide the move_blogs.php script to help you with this. Just open up the script, configure the bits at the top and you can use it to move the tables.

Edit: It's nearly midnight so i'm closing up the office. If you have any other questions just ask and I'll answer them in the morning.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Bill007

Ill Try to answer my Own question

This was an anxious period of My life "I only lost 6 Blogs (thru my own fault and a little thru lack of knowledge ) Phew!, but still a little disappointed" .

Well I missed something in the Whole process, I feel a little thick but it did not occur to me at any time to Load the Script folder with the move-blogs.php over first and then navigate to the move-blogs.php within it and initiate it! (Senior Moment or a typical load the whole plugin mentality) :slight_smile:

Anyway I have used my time wisely and upgraded to wpmu 2.7 coupled in the most recent Backup i could lay my hands on back into play and what do you know I'm up and running

I then went back for more and moved the script folder over into wp-content/scripts/

Navigated to your_site.com/wp-content/scripts/move-blogs.php opened it in a browser and initiated it, what a thing of Beauty took screen shots too all went well.

I then up loaded the config-db.php and db.php into wp-content/ what do you Know everything worked fine with he exception of some incompatibilities with ah who sees ads plugin for WPMU or at least a problem with it trying to send a header after the fact

Any way logged into the back end made a change on my VIP Database, I then logged into my MySQL server and the change that I had made was in the correct Database.

success is sweet

Thanks Andrew and James

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.