Non-multi site version of Custom Content Dashboard Widget

Hi,

Just became a member of your site.....primarily because I wanted to purchase and use the Custom Content Dashboard widget.

Under the "ad" for this widget, your site says, in a big, bold banner ...."Works perfectly with WordPress 3.1, WordPress Multisite 3.1, BuddyPress 1.2.8"

I downloaded it an installed it on my 3.1 site and it "broke" the site. Gave me a big message saying that this plugin only works on multi-site versions of WP.

Then I looked through the support form, saw that someone had a similar problem, but solved it by renaming the directory, but the support post doesn't say what they renamed it to.

If this widget doesn't work on 3.1, can I get my money back? Or will you let me know how to install it so it does work?

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello fatcat,

Welcome to WPMU DEV! We're glad you're here!

And I'm sorry you're having this experience. For the moment, could you possibly try the following to get everything working for you?

Edit line 34 of custom-content-dashboard-widget.php to be as follows:
    //exit( 'The Custom Content Dashboard Widget plugin is only compatible with WordPress Multisite.' );

Basically you'd just be adding // at the beginning of that line to comment it out. All should run fine from there. While you're there, you might consider going to line 44 to add in your custom content!

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions on this and I'll try and clarify!

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.