Non Super Admins cannot login after Domain Mapping Upgrade to 3.0.8

I just upgraded to Domain Mapping 3.0.8, and now non-SuperAdmins cannot log in to their sites. It's a subdomain Network.

Checklist: I removed the old mu-plugin, uploaded the new plugin to the plugins folder, moved/overwrote the old sunrise.php file in the wp-content folder, then [re]activated the plugin.

As SuperAdmin, I can still log into all the site's admin areas. Regular Admins, and any other lower role, cannot log into their sites.

Result: They are thrown back (redirected) into the wp-login page

http://site.domain.org/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fsite.domain.org%2F&reauth=1

This occurs even if all plugins are deactivated.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Are they trying to log into a sub blog or through your parent blog?

Can you test in the parent blog?

if you go to subdomain.com/wp-login.php does that still happen?

And does it happen on sites using the default Twenty Eleven theme?

It sounds like something is preventing the session from being create for their login.

Let me know what happens.

• Joe Banks
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy,

In order of questions:

This is one particular subblog -- on a subdomain of one of the main domains.

Parent blog: Logging in via the parent (network) blog produces no successful login, even if they're made a user of the parent blog.

*** Addendum to above: Logging in to parent domain (site.parentdomain.org) logs in successfully. ?!?!

Twenty Eleven Theme?: This theme is not in use.

Additional info: Logging out of sites doesn't successfully "take." The site should take you back to the login screen (Registered Users Only plugin); instead, endless repeat of selecting "Logout" from admin.

Can't seem to establish a pattern, so I'll stop here for now.

Aside: Was there an issue with upgrading alongside the installation of the Multi-Domains for Multisite plugin?

Answer: Yes, with the Multi-Domains for Multisite plugin, when I upgraded to Domain Mapping 3.0.8, I overwrote the sunrise.php (originally titled dm_sunrise.php) that came with the Multi-Domains plugin.

I'd recommend more contextual linking between these two plugin's documentation. :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.