Non wp_ tables NOT showing up as back-up-able with Snapshot

Just installed snapshot and network enabled in my multi-site environment. It only shows up in Network Admin mode, which is fine. When I go to do a backup of the main site (the only one that exists now), it does a fine job of backing up the wp_tables, but does not give me the option of backing up other tables. In particular, I have Buddypress installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@sherpabizdev, thanks for trying the Snapshot plugin. This is a somewhat known issue. Can you confirm on your installation the BuddyPress tables are prefixed

wp_BP_

The Snapshot plugin attempts to figure out the main site tables wp_ from the sub site like wp_1_, wp_2_, etc. So by default the specific BuddyPress tables are not included. I can patch the code if you can confirm your table setup.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@sherpabizdev, I just did a fresh WordPress 3.4.1 install on my local development system. Then downloaded and installed latest version of BuddyPress. The WordPress install has 5 sites (site1, site2, etc) plus the primary site. I then installed/activated Snapshot latest (1.0.6.1).

Under the Network admin area when I go to add a new Snapshot it defaults the 'Select Site' drop down to the primary site. The tables listed on the same page contains two sections. First section is for the core WordPress tables. The second section is for the non-core table. Here is a screenshot of what I see on my end.
    http://screencast.com/t/VyRNPWFbyyDY

So my question back to you are:

1. Make sure you are running the latest version of Snapshot (1.0.6.1)
    2. Can you provide a screenshot showing the tables section?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@sherpabizdev, yes the plugin is only available on the Network admin screen. That is by design. Can you provide a screenshot of the tables in your phpMyAdmin?

As I mentioned prior when you go to add a new Snapshot the dropdown defaults to the first site. This is the Primary site and should be all the global tables. So trying to understand what is special about your setup. Maybe the phpMyAdmin table listing will help.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@sherpabizdev, any change you can provide FTP and wp-admin access to your site. The plugin should be picking up those table. I'm about to release version 2.0 in beta but with this issue reported I want to make sure I know why it is not showing all the needed tables.

Please send account info to paul [at] incsub.com If you don't to provide access that is ok. Will just take some back and forth to try and figure this one out.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@sherpabizdev, ok that didn't take too long. You should now be seeing the 'extra' tables. I patched the code but I need to figure out a more permanent solution. so don't remove the access just yet. I want to come back to this later this evening.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya @sherpabizdev,

Just chiming in to see if we have done any progress on this issue ?

Our lead developer @Paul had been a bit busy lately and should be working on it. However, I just wanted to let you know that we have not forgotten you on this issue :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@PC Thanks for the ping.

@sherpabizdev, I'm about to release Snapshot 2.0 but have been investigating some recent issues with the current version of Snapshot. Which I'm trying to determine if these issues are solved with the 2.0 version of the plugin. So please keep the access open for this coming week. I'll want to use your site as a final test system before the final release. Appreciate your patience.

• sherpabizdev
    • Flash Drive

Sounds good. Just let me know what else you may need. Login credentials I previously created are still in place. Note that I currently have deactivated BuddyPress though. I did not remove it and the tables still show still show up as available to Snapshot.

If you need me to reactivate BuddyPress at some point during your tests, I can do that. Just check in with me first.

Cheers!

Andy

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@sherpabizdev, should not need BuddyPress activated as that was not the issue on your site. The issue with Snapshot was two issues really.

1. You are running a WordPress Multisite but are only running one site. The logic in Snapshot checks for multisite vs. single. It assumes if multisite then there are multiple sets of database tables. In case you are not aware WordPress creates the first site with tables wp_, then second site is wp_2_, third is wp_3_.

2. Second issue is Snapshot had some somewhat twisted logic where it tries to determine the primary site tables (wp_) from the other sub-sites. (wp_x_). Since your site only have the primary site (please don't change this) then the logic caused an issue.

I've rewritten this logic for Snapshot 2.0 which is in Beta. Testing out some other issue from other members. So hoping to get this retested on your site and released this coming week.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@sherpabizdev, (Andy) Wanted to finally close the loop on this one. I just uploaded Snapshot 2.0 pre-release version to your site. This is the final version of Snapshot about to be pushed for public users. This is not a beta or test version.

So when I go to create a new I do now see the WordPress tables as well as the non-WordPress table. I just ran a full snapshot backup on your site and things appear to be running well.

So with that I'd like to get some checks from you on this. Then we can finally close this issue out. Thanks again for providing access to your site to test this out.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.