Not able to activate user after registering into multiuser buddypress setup

Hi There,

I have purchased your Membership plugin for multiuser buddypress setup. I have installed it and activated it. I have created an access level named "Fresher". I have added "Pages" from main rules into "Positive rules". I have selected all the pages (including "Activate" page) to be allowed to this access level.

Then I have created a subscription also named "Fresher", which contains "Fresher" access level.

Then, from "Options" menu of "Membership" plugin, I set "Fresher" access level in "Stranger settings". This means, if user is logged in or not, it will be treated with "Fresher" access level.

And I also selected "Fresher" subscription in "User registration". It means, if user registers in buddypress site, he will be assigned "Fresher" subscription initially.

So now, I register a user in my localhost buddypress site. The user is not activated yet. So I run this (http://localhost/buddypress/activate?key=f704c05acc44dda1) URL to activate that newly registered user. This is "activate" URL. But as I run this URL from my browser, it redirects me to "Protected page" (http://localhost/buddypress/protected/). It should allow me to activate user after registration process.

Please help me to resolve this issue out. Let me know if I am missing anything in settings or not?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Gautam

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Gautam,

Thanks for posting on the forums and explaining the issue in detail !

So now, I register a user in my localhost buddypress site

Are you using Buddypress or Membership to register your user?

If you are using Membership then you don't need the Buddypress Activation page and in this case, your users will login through Membership.

If you are using Buddypress as the registration and activation tool (Which seems to be true by the activation link) then you should focus on only creating negative rules for the Membership levels.

I have found a post for you which might help you get this fixed, however if it doesn't please let me know, and I will do some research and tests on my install site and find you a solution !

Have a nice day !

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.