not able to add instructors to a course

i am not able to add instructors to a course. no mail is going to the instructors.

also on the structured tool, lots of errors on google search console with Schema.org.

pl see attached photos.

are these two errors connected?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey maneesh,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I had a look at your site and tested it with my email account and the emails were received without any issues, they did end up in spam folder so make sure to check your spam/junk folder to see if email ended up there.

From here it seems that the emails are working fine and shouldn't have anything with those schema reports.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello maneesh!

There are two options to "add instructors". The one were you add an email and name is "Invite instructor... " option and it does send an e-mail - an "invitation e-mail.

The main one where you select user from a user list does not "invite" a user but assigns existing user and it does not send an e-mail. User that's assigned as an instructor will just see their courses (along with available options/tools) in their dashboards.

In order to test that feature to make sure that it works on your site as it should I have created myself a subscriber account on your site (please feel free to remove it at any moment: adamwpmu) and tried to assign myself as an instructor to one of the courses.

I did noticed that it took me several attempts to even make the list find my account. There's a lot of various JS related errors reported by browser console. They are not only CoursePress-related but also apply to other plugins and even WP-core parts. Furthermore, site doesn't load "flawlessly" all the time as there are "Bad gateway" errors and "500 internal server errors" reported by various (multiple) resources. I would say that this is the part of the issue as the site doesn't seem to perform stable and this can cause different problems - including that the instructor search drop-down list doesn't work as expected.

I would suggest starting with increasing WordPress allowed memory limit as it's currently set to only 40M which is way to little for a site that complex with that many users. While your server allows up to 256M of memory to be used for PHP, try adding following line to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

Make sure that this line is place above the "/*That's all, stop editing! */" line as otherwise it may break the site.

Once this is done, clear all caches on site and in browser and see if the site performs more stable. If that doesn't make much difference, feel free to start a separate thread at our Support Forum about site optimization. You may start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Kind regards,
    Adam

• maneesh

Hi Adam,

thanks for your reply. could you please insert the code at your end to increase WordPress memory limit to 256M pl. that would be a big help, I have already granted support access.

Regarding the other issues you mentioned, I have developed this site myself to more that 2000 subscribers. guess these are problems that come with scale up.

is there some professional help that I can access from you now?

• Dimitris

Hey there maneesh,

hope you're doing good and don't mind me chiming in here! :slight_smile:

could you please insert the code at your end to increase WordPress memory limit to 256M pl. that would be a big help,

Could you please send us some server credentials to perform this change for you?
    As this is a public forum, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

is there some professional help that I can access from you now?

We're here to assist you for any WordPress-related issue, although we still have some limits on this. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/support-vs-custom-development/
    Is there any specific help that you demand? Please advise! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris