Not able to login to WPMU DEV dashboard plugin

I can log in to premium.wpmudev.org just fine... but when I use the same username and password in the plugin it does not work. I also tried to change my password in my profile settings and that did not work either. How is it that I am able to login to the website but not through the plugin? Aren't the credentials the same?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ty, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Yep, it'd be the same as what you're using to log into our site here, may I ask if you've tried uninstalling & re-installing our Dashboard plugin? If not, I'd give that a shot.

If that still doesn't get things going, then I'd try disabling the other plugins on your site, and then trying to log in again.

And if that doesn't work, then we'll want to have a deeper look at things. In that case, could you please send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please advise,
    Michael

• Ty
    • New Recruit

So... why would I be able to login to premium.wpmudev.org but not be able to set a new password in the profile settings? When I try to reset my password, I enter my "old password" (the one I use to login in the first place), but it just gives me the message "Password not changed". I am 100% positive that I'm entering the correct "Old Password" and that the new password that I enter is identical in both fields. Any guesses as to why I'm having this problem?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ty, glad to hear you got this sorted out. :slight_smile:

I wouldn't think that entering an old password (the current one?) would cause the password to be changed, the system probably wasn't changing it for that reason alone before.

As for there being a character limit, I'm not seeing that there's one presently, just tried with a test account of mine. Definitely curious that you ran into this, but at least it's sorted now. :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.