Not able to translate Pro Sites or other wpmudev plugins

Hi. I am trying to translate some of your plugins - but are not able to get it to work.

This is what I have done:

1. I have downloaded norwegian from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/psts/no/default

2. I renamed the file to psts-nb_NO since that is the language I am using (have tried with just psts-no also). I have downloaded and uploaded both .mo and .po files

3. I uploaded the file to the language folder inside Pro Sites pluginfolder.

What am I missing here? I have translated other plugins on the same site and those work OK.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @Bolig,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

We have recently pushed an major update for Pro Sites plugin and since all the translation files on our site are provided by the users themselves it's possible that old translations are still not updated and will not work with latest version of the plugin.

You could try translating the plugin yourself and see if it's working after that, you can find some help about that here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/translating-wordpress-plugins/

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Bolig
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi and thanks for quick reply.

Yes I started out whit translating the languagefile that was in the languagefolder. I used Poedit and uploaded both psts-nb_NO.po and psts-nb_NO.mo.

So my question really is if the filename psts-nb_NO is correct and if it is correct to upload the languagefile to the languagefolder inside pro sites? Or is there anything else I will have to do in order to translate your plugins?

Thanks.

• Bolig
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK - if anyone else is struggling whit the translation I found out that you can NOT use the language folder in plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/language
    But you will need to put the file in the folder: wp-content/languages/plugins and your files must be named psts-{language}.po and psts-{language}.po (my Norwgian translation was psts-nb_NO.po and .mo)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.