Not able to upgrade subscription plan with [renewform]

I am not able to upgrade my subscription plan if I register for FREE subscription plan. I have used [renewform] short code in my "Subscription" page. But it shows only my current subscription plan and other higher (paid) subscription plans, but doesn't show up the "Sign Up" buttons to upgrade my subscription plan.

When I debugged the "Subscription" page, I came to know that $gatewayissingle variable is getting value "admin".

What should I do? I have attached possible required screenshots below.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings lakum4wpmu,

It is my opinion that the problem is right here with the mode being indefinite.

From my understanding of the way this works considering the indefinite choice they will remain at this level forever and from your choice of time mentioned above it will automatically renew monthly.

I believe the choice that you want is finite and at the end of that period the person will have the opportunity to renew the free level or upgrade to another level, but not until that time.

Please advise if this holds true with your testing.

Cheers, Joe

• lakum4wpmu
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I want my users to use FREE subscription plan for any numbers of days/months/years. He should be able to upgrade his subscription whenever he wants. I don’t want to set any fixed days/months to use FREE membership.

In this case, what should I set up for FREE and paid membership?

Please advise.

Gautam

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gautam,

Thank you for your feedback and input, it is indeed greatly appreciated especially when trying to get mutual understanding and resolving issues.

I want my users to use FREE subscription plan for any numbers of days/months/years. He should be able to upgrade his subscription whenever he wants.

I agree and wish it were indeed so. Unfortunately this is not how I have found it to work myself and your settings above demonstrate that you are now on the right track:

I have set the FREE subscription to below settings:

Mode: serial

Period: 1 day(s)

Price: 0

Will this work?

And yes after one day they should be presented with the option to continue a free membership or to upgrade/signup to another.

Cheers, Joe

• lakum4wpmu
    • Flash Drive

Hi Joe,

I tried with this settings for FREE subscription. I subscribed a user under FREE subscription and that user got the FREE subscription over. I tried to upgrade my subscription plan to “PAID” using [renewform] shortcode. But still it doesn’t show me any “Subscribe” button or “Unsubscribe” button.

Is it a bug or something else?

Please help.

Regards

Gautam

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Gautam,

My sincere apologies for seeing my mistake in my last post telling it should work this way when indeed you have a setting that will not.

You gave:

Mode: serial

Will this work?

and it should be:

Mode: finite

Will this work?

Notice the mode difference. Serial renews the membership over and over renewing at the same level.

Once again I apologize for my confusion.

Please advise if setting mode to finite indeed resolves your subscription issue.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.