Not able to use Custom field to display a map

Hi

I’d like to use the Google Maps plugin to display a listing location as a map on the listing page.

I created a CustomPress custom field called showonmap which I then added in Settings > Google Maps > Custom Fields > My posts have an address field name = showonmap

I thought this would be how it works, but it doesnt appear to show anything on the listing page.

Could anyone help?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chung,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with a Custom Press custom field on your WordPress installation and speaking of the Google Maps plugin this is certainly unintended use.

Have you tried the intended use by adding the map via the post editor?

Screen shot below.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Chung,

Thank you for letting us know and indeed anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get the job done – and I am not a coder :slight_smile:

In addition, this is indeed obviously not the intended use and as you put it – custom field – but what about taking the short code generated in that very post and place it in the custom field?

You do not really need to publish the post, but use the post for generating the map and code that you desire.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.