not able to view images in media when logged in

Hi
I hope someone can help.

This website has sudden stopped showing majority of it's images.
http://www.itsthursdaytho.com
Some images do show but only if the user is viewing a post.

When i log into the backend and click on media, no images are showing as thumbnails and when i click on the image nothing shows there either. All i see is a grey 'document' icon in place of where the image should be.

To add to this i have now noticed that when i make a changes they do not save. Wordpress tells me the change has been saved but when i look again it has not changed.

Has anyone any ideas to what could be causing this issue?

So far i have:
-updated everything - no change
-changed themes to 2014 and tested - no change
-disabled plugins and tested - no change

I am running out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
J

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey there, J!

This sounds like the permissions have been changed on your WordPress folders. Let's check that.

Log in to your site via FTP, and navigate to wp-content/uploads. Right click the uploads folder, and choose "permissions" from the drop down. This will bring up a window with three columns of permissions, and a number underneath. That number should be 755 or 775. If it's not, change it, and apply the change recursively, so it applies to all the sub folders. Clear your browser cache and your site cache if you're using a caching plugin, and check your media library again.

Let me know if this gets your images back. :slight_smile:

• Justin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Michelle

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I forgot to mention I already checked/changed the permissions on that directory and I saw no change. In saying this, I'm not sure if there is/was a cache plugin installed but in the wp-content folder there is a 'cache' folder. If I want to clear the cache should I just delete the contents of this folder?

Thanks again,

Justin

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Justin,

Hope you are doing great

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience. Looks like Michelle is really busy and this one slipped through the gaps, I'm gonna take the liberty of chipping in here.

I am not able to find any missing images. Can you point me to any specific URL ?

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.