Not all pages showing up under autopost and none show up under comments

Hi,

After our main FB page admin deleted himself as admin from all our FB pages (unaware his account was used to link wordpress to FB), I’ve been trying to restore all connections using a brand new FB account. I am using the latest wordpress and plugin versions and am running WP in Network mode. I have one main FB app set up and all blogs use those credentials to connect.

However, I am having multiple issues and I really hope someone can help me sort this fast!

My first problem is that the new FB account is listed as admin for around 75 FB pages, however, in the Ultimate Facebook plugin, I can only see around 20 pages. I have tried deleting the admin role and re-adding it, but to no avail. This is under the autopost section of the plugin.

My second problem is that, under the ‘import comments’ section, I can’t find any pages whatsoever when checking under individual blogs. When I check at the network level, I see the same list as I see under the ‘autopost’ section, which only shows around 20 of the pages (of the 75 in total).

Before the previous FB admin removed his admin role from all pages, everything worked just fine.

I have tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it, but to no avail.

What’s going on? I hope someone can help me to get this resolved quickly! I have already granted support access and have referenced this thread in the note.

Regards,

Rinck

• Bart
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Confirmed, it IS a paging issue! Only 25 results were returned, but after changing line 789 of lib/class_wdfb_model.php to:

$url = "https://graph.facebook.com/{$fid}/accounts?limit=500&access_token={$token}";

The problem of the autopost section was fixed! Now onto the comments section…

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @bart, I hope you are well today!

Thank you for granting access to your site. I checked the Ultimate Facebook settings on your main site and on subsites, and the "Import Facebook comments" option is not selected. Please select this option, in Facebook > Facebook Settings > Facebook Comments like it's shown in the attached screenshot.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Bart

Hi Nastia,

for each site I want to select the pages from which to import comments. Right now I can only select pages at the network level; if you check any random subsite in the network, you will see the list of pages is empty and therefore, selecting the “import facebook comments” will do very little.

I always had the “inverse selection” checkbox checked and only the page from which I want to import comments.

Also, can you make sure the fix I mentioned is added to the plugins’ code? And I would LOVE to see sorting in the list of pages; right now it’s just a random order which makes it extremely difficult to find the right FB page when the list grows.

Thanks,

Rinck

• Bart

Ok, so both my problems are fixed! The comments issue was related to an invalid auth token; after resetting the token for each of the blogs in my network, I was able to successfully import comments from FB.

My main issue will need to be fixed by the devs, namely the limit of retrieving only 25 FB pages; when you have more it’s a crapshoot to connect the right one as I was unable to determine any logic in which 25 results were returned, although most likely they were the 25 most recent ones.

A suggestion for a fix is given in my previous reaction. I hope this can be fixed in the next version of the plugin, so that my custom code change will be overwritten with a permanent fix!

Regards,

Rinck

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Bart, I trust you are doing well today!

I’m glad that the issue is fixed for you.

I have flagged a developer here regarding the plugin returning results only from 25 pages. Thank you for your suggestion too. I’ve sent some points in your way :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.