Not Connected to Snapshot

Trying to create a Managed Backup via Snapshot, but it isn't working. Please advise what's required to make this work.

• Nithin

Hello Sarah,

On giving a closer look at your website, when I tried to create a new Managed Backup, I could notice the following issue as shown in the screenshot below:

Which means your server doesn't have PHP ZIP module installed, and enabled in your system. This is something which is configured in the server side. You'll have to get in touch with your hosting provider, and ask them to enable the module, so that the issue would be fixed.

Once fixed via your host, you can then create New Backup, by clicking the "New Backup" button under Snapshot > Managed Backups page, without any issue.

Please do let us know how that goes, and if there is anything specific that you want us to check regarding this. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hello Sarah,

Hope you are doing great today. :slight_smile:

Can you tell me why I was able to do the backup before even though the PHP Zip Module wasn't installed?

Yes, that's odd. . I was able to notice that there was already an existing backup in there, it's really odd, that you were able to take a backup before. Did you/hosting provider recently change your PHP version, and hence the issue occurred? That could be a possibility, and the old backup was taken with an older version of PHP?

By default the plugin shouldn't allow to create a backup if PHP Zip module isn't enabled. However at the moment, I don't see any way the backup seem to work, other than enabling PHP Zip module.

Please let us know if still have any further query after PHP Zip Module is enabled, and we'll make sure to give a closer look, if needed. Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.